ADVERTISEMENT

Intel Withdraws Funding For White Supremacist GOP Congressman Steve King

WTF would any of those corporations give that scumbag a nickel?

Link didn't work for me, but seems like several tech companies have data centers in Iowa for the cheap energy, low natural disasters and likely tax credits. I wonder if Intel has one or is planning one in his district?

Link didn't work for me, but seems like several tech companies have data centers in Iowa for the cheap energy, low natural disasters and likely tax credits. I wonder if Intel has one or is planning one in his district?
I think at least one of them is, but, King is as useful as tits on a boar. He is one of the least productive members of Congress. He goes on Fox, he goes on social media, he gives a few rallies, but the one thing you never hear about is King leading a committee, or shepherding legislation of any kind through Congress. If you look at his own webpage there is a shocking lack of production.
I get corporations giving money to all kinds of politicians, but this is throwing good money after bad at this point.

I think at least one of them is, but, King is as useful as tits on a boar. He is one of the least productive members of Congress. He goes on Fox, he goes on social media, he gives a few rallies, but the one thing you never hear about is King leading a committee, or shepherding legislation of any kind through Congress. If you look at his own webpage there is a shocking lack of production.
I get corporations giving money to all kinds of politicians, but this is throwing good money after bad at this point.

Google has two LARGE operations in Council Bluffs, which used to be in his district but no longer is. I'm not aware of Intel having anything in his district or any other big tech company, but I could be wrong.

King continues to attract financial support from some of America's most prominent corporations and trade groups. For his 2018 campaign, King has received contributions from AT&T ($5,000), Berkshire Hathaway ($2,500), the American Bankers Association ($9,000), Land O’Lakes ($2,500), Intel ($2,000), and many others.

But in an internal October 25 email obtained by Popular Information, Intel's Director of Policy and External Partnerships, Dawn Jones, said that Intel was ending its financial support. After reviewing King's public statements, Jones wrote, the company determined they "conflict with Intel values" and "we are no longer donating to his campaigns."

We had engaged with Rep. King because of his support for IP theft protections, which is important to Intel’s business. However, an Intel employee raised concerns about the donations earlier this month. We looked into the congressman’s public statements and determined that they conflict with Intel values. As a result, we are no longer donating to his campaigns.

There has been no response thus far from AT&T or the other corporate donors to King's campaign.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
King continues to attract financial support from some of America's most prominent corporations and trade groups. For his 2018 campaign, King has received contributions from AT&T ($5,000), Berkshire Hathaway ($2,500), the American Bankers Association ($9,000), Land O’Lakes ($2,500), Intel ($2,000), and many others.

But in an internal October 25 email obtained by Popular Information, Intel's Director of Policy and External Partnerships, Dawn Jones, said that Intel was ending its financial support. After reviewing King's public statements, Jones wrote, the company determined they "conflict with Intel values" and "we are no longer donating to his campaigns."

We had engaged with Rep. King because of his support for IP theft protections, which is important to Intel’s business. However, an Intel employee raised concerns about the donations earlier this month. We looked into the congressman’s public statements and determined that they conflict with Intel values. As a result, we are no longer donating to his campaigns.

There has been no response thus far from AT&T or the other corporate donors to King's campaign.

Kind of surprised Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) donates to him. Has he pretty much handed off day to day operations to someone else?

King's response will be that he will not bow down to the globalists, and that's why he is refusing to take their dirty money.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Kind of surprised Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) donates to him. Has he pretty much handed off day to day operations to someone else?
He's a "better" conservative, but still a corporate conservative. Things have gotten so bad in America that when a plutocrat donates to or supports sensible causes we think that makes them a liberal.

He's a "better" conservative, but still a corporate conservative. Things have gotten so bad in America that when a plutocrat donates to or supports sensible causes we think that makes them a liberal.

Wrong.
Hes far from a conservative.
Don’t just look at his giving - his companies payrolls are loaded with unqualified politician relatives doing little work for big salaries.

That is insensitive to boars who self identify as a sow you bigot. Take your right wing hatred elsewhere.

Wrong.
Hes far from a conservative.
Don’t just look at his giving - his companies payrolls are loaded with unqualified politician relatives doing little work for big salaries.
Are you talking about Trump or WB? Buffett takes $100,000 for himself. Most CEOs in his shoes are taking 100x that. So no, I don’t believe you if you are referring to Warren.

Are you talking about Trump or WB? Buffett takes $100,000 for himself. Most CEOs in his shoes are taking 100x that. So no, I don’t believe you if you are referring to Warren.

Plus he's given most of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support their charity work, while also endowing his own foundation for charity giving https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffett_Foundation.
And, unlike our Unindicted C0-conspirator in Chief, he actually donates to charitable causes.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Mid American has a lot of wind projects in Nortwest Iowa

True enough, I forgot about those. Thanks!

These are another reason "data centers" like the region. Wind energy costs are basically "fixed", and less risky than fossil fuel costs, which can vary substantially with markets, etc.

Companies like stability in pricing for their long-term planning.

Thus, the new Iowa laws undercutting renewables work exactly against this.

Wow, those numbers in District 4 have shifted a lot in the past few weeks. If Steve King is broke do you think he'll ask his family members to give back their outlandish salaries so he can purchase one more half truthful commercial to roast JD?

Naw, they'll probably tell him to eff off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT