ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting offer today 2020 pg Jalen Terry

A 5'10", 155 lb player from Flint, Michigan. Same high school as Roy Marble played at. We are his second major offer, right behind Syracuse.

Looks good, with potential to be better. One thing I learned for sure listening to the recent Coach Dillard interview is that going forward Fran is not going to be satisfied with a PG that hasn't demonstrated a high ability to shoot the ball. So, if Fran offers a PG now, he believes the kid can shoot it.

Reactions: perryhawk
Offer to a PG, 5' 10", 155 and a freshman? :eek: Recruiting is getting really hard these days.

That's a fun highlight reel. Super athletic. Takes it right at the rim against the bigs. Looks like a tough kid.

A 5'10", 155 lb player from Flint, Michigan. Same high school as Roy Marble played at. We are his second major offer, right behind Syracuse.

One of these days Fran will land his big fish. Soon... Although I think one will soon be able to argue that he has landed that big fish in JBo!
All signs point to an improvement. And no sophomore slump.... I think this guy just has "it". Very eagerly waiting for the season to kick in!

Reactions: Kurt Warner
One of these days Fran will land his big fish. Soon... Although I think one will soon be able to argue that he has landed that big fish in JBo!
All signs point to an improvement. And no sophomore slump.... I think this guy just has "it". Very eagerly waiting for the season to kick in!
Let's face it. Few coaches have gotten more out of a Freshman PG than Fran got out of JoBo. It just doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: Ree4
Let's face it. Few coaches have gotten more out of a Freshman PG than Fran got out of JoBo. It just doesn't happen very often.

I'll give you that. But you have to admit JBo has that killer instinct. That dagger at Wisconsin and other games, were things you cannot teach.... Love that $hit!

Also the same school that produced Monte Morris. I wonder if Beecher still has the same coach as when MM played there. A good chance he could still grow a few inches as many guys get their height late.

Offer to a PG, 5' 10", 155 and a freshman? :eek: Recruiting is getting really hard these days.
Yeah it's scrapping the bottom of the barrel again like when we offered Paige, Ulis, and Moore (although Paige did end up a 6 footer).;)

Yeah it's scrapping the bottom of the barrel again like when we offered Paige, Ulis, and Moore (although Paige did end up a 6 footer).;)

I didn't mean to suggest that he was not an excellent prospect. Just sayin' that trying to project how a young man will develop between his freshman year in HS to his freshman year in college has to be incredibly difficult.

I didn't mean to suggest that he was not an excellent prospect. Just sayin' that trying to project how a young man will develop between his freshman year in HS to his freshman year in college has to be incredibly difficult.

I agree with you...very difficult. I dont know how the coaches do it...playing on 15U & 16U teams are little different than 17U..

Same token it seems that is todays recruiting environment.

What I find interesting..anybody correct me if I'm wrong...is that Iowa's last two so-called PG offers have gone to class 2020..does that mean Iowa is moving on from any new offers to PG's in the class of 2019? OR...does Iowa feel comfortable that they have an undisclosed verbal?

Here are the current offers out to 2019 class.
Jeremiah Francis PG 0 6'2" 196 Pickerington, OH
Tyrell Terry PG 0 5'11" 160 Minneapolis, MN
Rocket Watts PG 0 6'2" 160 Detroit, MI

Is Iowa moving on from considering Iowa points DJ Carton or Tyreke Locure?

I agree with you...very difficult. I dont know how the coaches do it...playing on 15U & 16U teams are little different than 17U..

Same token it seems that is todays recruiting environment.

What I find interesting..anybody correct me if I'm wrong...is that Iowa's last two so-called PG offers have gone to class 2020..does that mean Iowa is moving on from any new offers to PG's in the class of 2019? OR...does Iowa feel comfortable that they have an undisclosed verbal?

Here are the current offers out to 2019 class.
Jeremiah Francis PG 0 6'2" 196 Pickerington, OH
Tyrell Terry PG 0 5'11" 160 Minneapolis, MN
Rocket Watts PG 0 6'2" 160 Detroit, MI

Is Iowa moving on from considering Iowa points DJ Carton or Tyreke Locure?
I think Fran would prefer to overlap a frosh with sr JB, but is certainly willing to be flexible to get good PGs. The option of getting instate guy in 2019 and another high quality PG in 2020 has to be enticing too.

I think Fran would prefer to overlap a frosh with sr JB, but is certainly willing to be flexible to get good PGs. The option of getting instate guy in 2019 and another high quality PG in 2020 has to be enticing too.

you could be right...but no instate offers for class 2019? Yet two 2020's...
I'm not questioning anything...have total confidence in Fran...just trying to play a little Sherlock (with no evidence;)

The video shows some potential for ankle breaking moves with some of the ball handling as well as the undisciplined, bordering on out of control, play not surprising from a kid that age.
Not enough on his shot to make a comment one way or another.

I'll give you that. But you have to admit JBo has that killer instinct. That dagger at Wisconsin and other games, were things you cannot teach.... Love that $hit!
Yes you are helping me to make my point that Fran got a LOT out of his freshman pg!

Reactions: DanL53
I don't believe it's as hard as you think. Fran wouldn't offer a freshman or sophomore unless he'd seen enough talent to make the offer low risk. Going back through the years, I only remember a few prospects, with early offers, that didn't pan out (including Bonifas and Angle). More than not blow up and get many big time offers (like Tyus Jones who chose Duke). We'll see how young Connor turns out, but other early Iowa commits like Street, Oliver, and Horner were still no-brainers when they were HS Sr's.

You can't coach being a cold blooded assassin. You either got it, like JBo, or you don't, like our previous PG.
The Coach decides who plays...... It does you no good to be a cold blooded assassin on the bench. Iowa started the year with Williams in the top 5, playing the point.

The Coach decides who plays...... It does you no good to be a cold blooded assassin on the bench. Iowa started the year with Williams in the top 5, playing the point.

Yes, and thankfully the CW trial did not have to last too long. That would not have turned out well.... JBo is dang good. Probably Fran's best backup recruit ever, wouldn't you think?
Or was he not offered super late, after others? My bad if not. Memory was never that great...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT