ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting transfer list:(Would one of these guys maybe be better for Iowa than DeSanto?)

I think I'd put DeSanto as the top pick on that list.

I was thinking more along the lines of baggage and limited commitment. Now, I agree, if you think Iowa can work around his "issues", DeSanto definitely has the most upside.

Yeah a 2xAA in Moisey for 1 year and then still have options the next year, sounds pretty appealing. I guess it all comes down to how you think the Brands "plural" can work with DeSanto. If there were any I think could handle him, it is them. I just find it intriguing that you have guys like Moisey, Russell and Schram sitting out there with 1 year left to act like a stop gap and let them still recruit a 133 to their liking.

Reactions: natchrlman
IMO, DeSanto will not bring much baggage to Iowa City with him if he does come. At Drexel, it was about AD. At Iowa, it's about the team winning. I feel like he wont let down his coaches, teammates, and University with poor on/off the mat decisions.
Well said. I am so used to someone with this few posts being a troll, finally something intelligent from a noob.

Welcome to HR, a very solid 4th post!

Yeah a 2xAA in Moisey for 1 year and then still have options the next year, sounds pretty appealing. I guess it all comes down to how you think the Brands "plural" can work with DeSanto. If there were any I think could handle him, it is them. I just find it intriguing that you have guys like Moisey, Russell and Schram sitting out there with 1 year left to act like a stop gap and let them still recruit a 133 to their liking.

That would be nice but the guy for the next year should already at least be signed and part of the program. He's not. So why not go with a longer term solution?

Reactions: DonHawkeye
I like the idea of Desanto for 2020. I know a lot can change but we should be heading into 2020 as the favorite as is. With a 1 and done at 133 we will still have a huge ? at 133 in 2020 even if they could land a stud in next years class. I don't think there are any people in 2019 that could step right in and AA in 2020 at 133 from what I have seen.

Reactions: el dub and SPOONER
I like the idea of Desanto for 2020. I know a lot can change but we should be heading into 2020 as the favorite as is. With a 1 and done at 133 we will still have a huge ? at 133 in 2020 even if they could land a stud in next years class. I don't think there are any people in 2019 that could step right in and AA in 2020 at 133 from what I have seen.
I think you’re right. The reason that Desanto is the top pick of the litter is because he has the most eligibility left. He’s not the best wrestler on that list, but year 2 or 3 he could be.

However, I disagree that Iowa will be the favorite heading into 2020. Not sure how you’re getting there, but that’s besides the point.

Reactions: TarpHawk
That would be nice but the guy for the next year should already at least be signed and part of the program. He's not. So why not go with a longer term solution?

I would agree, IF, there are no concerns with DeSanto's discipline/attitude/personality. For all that everyone was worried about Downey, none of his issues were actually on the mat. Since DeSanto's are both on and off, I am not completely sold that he is the "right" guy. He may very well end up being the guy. I just thought Moisey or even Russell makes for some fuel for thought!

She has my card, I'll let you know when she contacts me...
I applaud you shooting your shot but it's been a month...
tenor.gif

Well said. I am so used to someone with this few posts being a troll, finally something intelligent from a noob.

Welcome to HR, a very solid 4th post!

Haha thanks! Been stationed overseas the last couple years. Always followed along but didn’t post.

I think you’re right. The reason that Desanto is the top pick of the litter is because he has the most eligibility left. He’s not the best wrestler on that list, but year 2 or 3 he could be.

However, I disagree that Iowa will be the favorite heading into 2020. Not sure how you’re getting there, but that’s besides the point.

Many of you I just don't understand!?!?! If you add Desanto at 133 for next season, and don't believe the HAWKS can win it NOW never mind 2020.

Then I really think you need to take a better look at our lineup!

Lee
Desanto
Murin, Turk, Happel
Lugo
Kemerer
Bull
Young
Ca$h
Warner
Stoll

As a Coach, Wrestler, Fan; This is a Championship lineup or a failed season! Do not care who you match it up against!!!

Many of you I just don't understand!?!?! If you add Desanto at 133 for next season, and don't believe the HAWKS can win it NOW never mind 2020.

Then I really think you need to take a better look at our lineup!

Lee
Desanto
Murin, Turk, Happel
Lugo
Kemerer
Bull
Young
Ca$h
Warner
Stoll

As a Coach, Wrestler, Fan; This is a Championship lineup or a failed season! Do not care who you match it up against!!!

So, we’re only three untested weights, two with history of underperforming and a wild card away from being competitive?

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT