ADVERTISEMENT

INXS

Would be one of my island bands for sure. Absolutely love The Stairs by them. What could’ve been without the tragedy that Michael suffered when he got his concussion. Truly an iconic band

Good lord. Other than the guys sawing wood for full minute, I might have fallen asleep. Boomer (or is it GenX?).
You nailed it. I liked the song because I was there as a genX and it held some nostalgia for me. It doesn’t hold up at all to new ears and it’s kinda sucks without the smell of Aqua Net, Polo green and Mexican chunk bud in the air.

I’m of the age that I should have loved them at their height. I kind of threw them away as radio pop at the time. I did like their hits but didn’t go much deeper than that. Years since, I’ve really appreciated how frigging cool they were. Some great albums and yeah, as someone posted, wonder if they would be packing arenas still today

They hooked me with The Swing which came out in the early 80’s; not sure if that was their debut. But I was into the less “polished” bands that had a different sound. The later stuff was good but just didn’t hold the same allure. Probably explains why some of my favorites include The Kinks, Elvis Costello, Matthew Sweet, Avett Brothers

The 80's were my age 20's musical decade, and INXS was one of those bands that had a lot of hits that got major radio/MTV play...so like a lot of those acts, I never felt the need to buy their albums.

About a decade ago, a neighbor down the block had a curbside free pile, and laying on top of an old entertainment center was a shoebox full of CD's - so I snagged it. INXS' Listen Like Thieves, Kick, and X were inside.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the discs were. Kick is fantastic (pretty much a perfect album), and the other two are pretty good too. Much like (example) Dire Straits, INXS is one of the many "blind spot bands" I've (re)discovered since I sort of ran out of the desire to listen to my music collection of 50ish years recently.

You're never too old to find good music - even if the music is 35+ years old.

I saw INXS open for Adam Ant back in ‘83. I was probably bitching about Iowa b-ball back then too!
Damn, you old. Now I get it with respect to your hoops board behavior. To live through the rise and fall of Iowa basketball, waiting decades for that return to glory. I gave up after the Richmond game. You should too.

Reactions: curtisj157
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT