ADVERTISEMENT

iOS 8.2 Update?

diehardhawk82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Papillion, NE
I remember seeing a post that this software update caused issues. Is that still the case? Has anybody updated without any issues?

I downloaded it this weekend and today my work email is all jacked up. Don't do it!

I updated my Ipad 3, and it keeps rebooting itself. I'd wait until the clear it up. I'm going to wait to update my phone until the coast is clear.

Has Apple taken over the screwup crown from Microsoft?

I put the Windows 10 Preview on a backup computer. I don't use it much, but when I have, I really like W10 so far. More like W7 with some of the W8 benefits than W8 with some of the W7 stuff restored. I think it's going to be pretty easy for both W7 and W8 users to upgrade. Which could be a first for Microsoft.

I also put the W10 preview on a phone. Same general experience. No hassles. But, again, it's a phone I don't use much.

The other potential geek screwup that caught my eye recently is the new Samsung S6. Other than nice build quality and the latest hardware, why would anybody pay extra money to give up external storage and a removable battery? If those don't matter to you, iPhones already exist.

I have the latest generation phone and ipad. Had no issue. I know that if I updated my Ipad2 - it tended to run slower 95% of the time after an upgrade. I ended up just wiping and restoring from a usb connection to get it to run normally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT