ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa and Nebraska are headed to overtime

Is there a replay anywhere any time? I tried looking but I didn't see anything.

Is there a replay anywhere any time? I tried looking but I didn't see anything.
I just looked as well and couldn’t find anything. CBS had the broadcast rights, but I don’t see a replay listed on Paramount+, at least not yet anyway.

What a game!! I read Iowa had a 1% chance of winning when they were down 8 and Nebraska had the ball with 2:20 left.

Reactions: McLovin32
Pretty awesome job by the Lady Huskers, 4 games in 4 days and took the GOAT Iowa team to overtime on a neutral court. Iowa fans did their part. 90% Iowa. Good game.
I'm one of the biggest Husker football haters around, but the Nebraska women played their hearts out. They will be a tough draw for any team in the NCAA tournament. It was a hell of a game by both teams.

That may be true, but LSU, to some extent, but definitely SC poses so large size issues that an extra body with size and skill would be beneficial
There’;s a couple of West Coast teams that will have something to say about who wins Toni’s thing too……

SC is probably the #1 team…..
Iowa is in a group of probably 6-7 that might win it….
It all depends upon “the draw” boyz……

Reactions: cigaretteman
There’;s a couple of West Coast teams that will have something to say about who wins Toni’s thing too……

SC is probably the #1 team…..
Iowa is in a group of probably 6-7 that might win it….
It all depends upon “the draw” boyz……
Anything is possible with Clark on the court.

Gonna be that guy. Women's basketball is unwatchable without CC. Watching Nebraska not get a shot off down 5 with 18 seconds left was a clown show. Lol. With that said, CC is just unreal. That step back 3 was Steph Curry shit.
The men’s team went 1 for its first 14 last night in a must-win game. Far, far more unwatchable than any women’s game with or without Clark.

Every time I watched the men this year I seriously questioned how people did it every game.
Strong stomach and balls of steel.

Walking out of Carver last night was the most pissed I’ve been about a sporting event since the Minnesota fair catch fiasco - but this time my ire was on the Iowa seniors who shit the collective bed with their NCAA hopes on the line rather than on the officiating.

Tony Perkins was a no-show at the worst possible time 😡

The men’s team went 1 for its first 14 last night in a must-win game. Far, far more unwatchable than any women’s game with or without Clark.

After the Iowa women won (and then Drake), I was a pretty happy Iowan.

And then 6pm rolled around.

And Iowa refused to box out/rebound.

Or play interior defense.

And Tony Perkins decided to hit the back of the rim on a power dunk attempt for probably the 17th time in his career.

I was chuckling a good portion of the evening. It’s the only thing you can do at this point.

Reactions: torbee

Walking out of Carver last night was the most pissed I’ve been about a sporting event since the Minnesota fair catch fiasco - but this time my ire was on the Iowa seniors who shit the collective bed with their NCAA hopes on the line rather than on the officiating.

DeJean was on WUW recently and they revisited the fair catch fiasco, and I got worked up again just listening to him going back to it. That was just crushing.

Are there rumors of her retiring? I hadn't heard that if there are. They should be good again next year.
They’re losing a lot of talent and experience. Clark, Marshall, and Martin have been fixtures in the lineup for the past 4 years. They’re also losing Goodman and, I think, Davis.

There are some talented young players and a solid recruiting class coming in, but next year is going to be a significant dropoff no matter who the coach is.

• Sad
Reactions: cigaretteman
They’re losing a lot of talent and experience. Clark, Marshall, and Martin have been fixtures in the lineup for the past 4 years. They’re also losing Goodman and, I think, Davis.

There are some talented young players and a solid recruiting class coming in, but next year is going to be a significant dropoff no matter who the coach is.
I think we are looking at it backwards. I would guess the coaches are looking at this as a fun challenge to create a new team. Yes, they are losing five seniors, but there are significant building blocks coming back plus probably the most talented freshman class ever.

I think we are looking at it backwards. I would guess the coaches are looking at this as a fun challenge to create a new team. Yes, they are losing five seniors, but there are significant building blocks coming back plus probably the most talented freshman class ever.
Just to clarify, I’m not making any speculation about whether Bluder is staying or leaving. I was simply responding to the comment that Iowa is going to be good again next year.

The pieces are there to have a good team, but it’s going to be a huge rebuilding challenge and it would be unreasonable to expect anything close to the success Iowa has had the past couple of years.

If Krikke isn't knocking down mid-range jumpers, then he needs to be on the bench. There's defensive liabilities and then there's Ben Krikke. Perkins also had an awful game, but he's been a beast all year so I'll give him a pass. Harding should have played more minutes in the 2nd half. He was the only guy on the court with the quickness to match Illinois' athleticism.

I had Women's Big Ten Tournament tickets but had to sell my finals ticket and went to Carver instead. Lucky me I guess

I had Women's Big Ten Tournament tickets but had to sell my finals ticket and went to Carver instead. Lucky me I guess
1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

Anytime you lose a Clark it's going to be a drop off, but the core of Syd, Kylie, Mcabe and Hanna should be a very good unit.

They'll still be good, Bluder can coach & they always play a fun style to watch. But I can't see them winning the B1G tourney like they have. I have to think there's a number of programs who will relish the chance at pouring it on against Iowa if they get the opportunity.

Reactions: beanerhawk
Barely nudged out by Duke and NC (men's basketball)

Caitlin Clark and Iowa topped the three million mark for a second-straight week and came to within a hair of matching a top-ten North Carolina-Duke game the previous night.

Sunday’s Iowa-Nebraska Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament final averaged a 1.7 rating and 3.02 million viewers on CBS, trailing only Iowa-Ohio State on FOX the prior week (1.9, 3.39) as the most-watched regular season women’s game since Tennessee-UConn in 1999.

The Hawkeyes’ overtime win, which peaked with 4.45 million viewers, surged four-fold over last year’s Iowa-Ohio State title game on ESPN (0.42, 745K). Ratings and viewership easily surpassed the two subsequent men’s games on CBS, the Drake-Indiana State Missouri Valley Conference title game at a 0.9 and 1.66 million and Michigan State-Indiana at a 1.2 and 2.06 million.

Iowa-Nebraska delivered the fifth-largest audience of the college basketball season (regardless of gender) behind Iowa-Ohio State the previous week and three men’s games: an NFL-inflated Michigan State-Arizona game on Thanksgiving (5.18M) and both Duke-North Carolina games. The second of those Duke-UNC games aired on Saturday, averaging a 1.5 and slightly-higher 3.08 million on ESPN — up 11 and 17 percent respectively from their second matchup last season (1.3, 2.63M).

The final also ranks as the most-watched game of the season on CBS, again regardless of gender, surpassing a Kentucky-Tennessee men’s game the previous day (1.4, 2.61M).

Saturday’s Iowa-Michigan semifinal averaged a 0.6 and 1.08 million on Big Ten Network, nearly tripling Iowa-Maryland last year (380K) and surpassing the previous day’s Iowa-Penn State quarterfinal (0.51, 1.04M) as the most-watched women’s sporting event ever on the network. It also ranks as the second-most watched basketball game of any kind ever on BTN. BTN became Nielsen-rated in 2018.

2024-03-12-21-00-57.jpg

Barely nudged out by Duke and NC (men's basketball)

Caitlin Clark and Iowa topped the three million mark for a second-straight week and came to within a hair of matching a top-ten North Carolina-Duke game the previous night.

Sunday’s Iowa-Nebraska Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament final averaged a 1.7 rating and 3.02 million viewers on CBS, trailing only Iowa-Ohio State on FOX the prior week (1.9, 3.39) as the most-watched regular season women’s game since Tennessee-UConn in 1999.

The Hawkeyes’ overtime win, which peaked with 4.45 million viewers, surged four-fold over last year’s Iowa-Ohio State title game on ESPN (0.42, 745K). Ratings and viewership easily surpassed the two subsequent men’s games on CBS, the Drake-Indiana State Missouri Valley Conference title game at a 0.9 and 1.66 million and Michigan State-Indiana at a 1.2 and 2.06 million.

Iowa-Nebraska delivered the fifth-largest audience of the college basketball season (regardless of gender) behind Iowa-Ohio State the previous week and three men’s games: an NFL-inflated Michigan State-Arizona game on Thanksgiving (5.18M) and both Duke-North Carolina games. The second of those Duke-UNC games aired on Saturday, averaging a 1.5 and slightly-higher 3.08 million on ESPN — up 11 and 17 percent respectively from their second matchup last season (1.3, 2.63M).

The final also ranks as the most-watched game of the season on CBS, again regardless of gender, surpassing a Kentucky-Tennessee men’s game the previous day (1.4, 2.61M).

Saturday’s Iowa-Michigan semifinal averaged a 0.6 and 1.08 million on Big Ten Network, nearly tripling Iowa-Maryland last year (380K) and surpassing the previous day’s Iowa-Penn State quarterfinal (0.51, 1.04M) as the most-watched women’s sporting event ever on the network. It also ranks as the second-most watched basketball game of any kind ever on BTN. BTN became Nielsen-rated in 2018.

2024-03-12-21-00-57.jpg
That’s wild.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT