ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa announces $480,003 surplus from Pinstripe Bowl trip

And you are laying this on one person...HR runs every business and definately the hiring, firing and disciplinary actions at the U of I

Do HR departments have an oversized influence in some organizations? Yes.

Do they "runs every business and definately the hiring, firing and disciplinary actions at the U of I". NO, definitely not.

Just my interpretation from reading this:

Since the Pinstripe Bowl payout is $4.2 million per team, and the B1G "gave Iowa a budget of $2.225 million," it stands to reason that the conference has already taken all the $ for revenue pooling.

I'd like to know how this compares to previous years. I think we've all heard about teams losing money on bowl trips; now Iowa clears half a million on a mid-tier game? Gotta love the B1G bowl affiliations.....and NYC $.

The reason there was a surplus was the fact Iowa team spent far less time at the bowl venue than previous years and the official party was smaller. And the allocation from the bowl for expenses/payout after the Big 10 takes its cut is supposed to be spent on traveling to the venue. If a school tried to do the bare minimum, not travel to the site until the day before game, take no official party, etc., they would be breaking the rules of the bowl. The money allocated to each team for its bowl expenses varies by year. The larger the bowl and payout, the larger the expenses awarded to each school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT