ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball #4 @ Houston Regional

I had wondered why Houston had a turf field (being a southern school). I'd forgotten that it floods almost annually now.

Do they not expect to squeeze one in today at all? I'm not looking up the forecast. If you can squeeze just one in, then schedule the first for early tomorrow afternoon and the second (if necessary) for later. Let's play two.

If Iowa can find a way to beat Houston and get another shot at A&M, is it crazy to suggest starting Martsching?
Wouldn't be the best use of him. His arm just isn't what it used to be after his surgery. Plus on just one day's rest he wouldn't be likely to give more than innings, maybe 5 if they were quick. Better to go with the formula at the Big Ten Tournament. Bring in a guy who is used to starting and use Martsching in relief.

Right now it's all hands on deck.

A relevant post from the TAMU thread with concerned fans of whether a game or two will get cancelled. Here's the post content from this link:

http://tamu.247sports.com/Board/20/Contents/Baseball-game-weather-update-53024967

This is from this season's manual from the NCAA:

" If Games 1 and 2 are played on Friday, Games 3 and 4 are played on Saturday but both Games 5 and 6
on Sunday are cancelled. . . play Games 5 and 6 on Monday and Game 7 on Tuesday (if necessary). (2 – 2 –
0 – 2 – 1)"

Google is a helluva thing.
So, both games could be cancelled today and they would just be moved a day until tomorrow and the final to Tuesday.

According to weather.com the storms are supposed to stop around 9 so it's possible Iowa could still play tonight. But who knows how accurate their forecast is.

I was most disappointed with Whelan last night had a big opportunity last night and didnt come through.

Yeah, all he really had to do was put the ball in play whether it be a fly out to the outfield or even a ground out of some type and we probably tie it. Really could not afford the pop out to 1st.

Iowa gets out of the top part of the inning, but not before Houston grabs a 4-3 lead. Robison pitched pretty well for Iowa, just got in too much trouble in that inning.

Iowa ties this game up at 4. Neustrom hit a fly ball that is misplayed and turns into the double. Advances to 3rd on a wild pitch and Judkins brings him home with an RBI ground out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT