ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ Allstate Sugar Bowl Baseball Classic

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa heads south to New Orleans for three games this weekend in the Sugar Bowl Classic. I've always wanted to see Iowa football in the Sugar Bowl so this will have to do.

Friday - vs Virginia Tech @ 12:30pm
Saturday - vs Ball State @6pm
Sunday - @ New Orleans @1pm

Two neutral site games and the game against New Orleans is considered a road game. The way the college baseball RPI works out, winning these road games are really important. A road win can really help your RPI. I know it sounds silly to discuss RPI so early, but you can really build a strong RPI as a northern school during this time as opposed to killing your RPI like Iowa did last year.

Virginia Tech is 1-3 on the year with a win against Oklahoma. They have also played Coastal Carolina, South Alabama, and Kansas State. So an incredibly tough schedule to start the year. They are coached by John Szecf who coached at Maryland in the prior seasons. They went 23-32 last year. Offensively they appear to be more than capable to do some damage.

Ball State is 2-2 against Morehead State and UMASS-Lowell. Ball State went 30-28 last year.

New Orleans is 2-1 against Southern, Alabama State, and Illinois Chicago. They have two midweek games against LSU and Jackson State this week prior to the weekend. They were 30-28-1 last year.

So definitely winnable games, but games Iowa could lose as well. It would be nice to see Iowa get a W against an ACC opponent even though it may not be a top tier ACC school.

Iowa heads south to New Orleans for three games this weekend in the Sugar Bowl Classic. I've always wanted to see Iowa football in the Sugar Bowl so this will have to do.

Friday - vs Virginia Tech @ 12:30pm
Saturday - vs Ball State @6pm
Sunday - @ New Orleans @1pm

Two neutral site games and the game against New Orleans is considered a road game. The way the college baseball RPI works out, winning these road games are really important. A road win can really help your RPI. I know it sounds silly to discuss RPI so early, but you can really build a strong RPI as a northern school during this time as opposed to killing your RPI like Iowa did last year.

Virginia Tech is 1-3 on the year with a win against Oklahoma. They have also played Coastal Carolina, South Alabama, and Kansas State. So an incredibly tough schedule to start the year. They are coached by John Szecf who coached at Maryland in the prior seasons. They went 23-32 last year. Offensively they appear to be more than capable to do some damage.

Ball State is 2-2 against Morehead State and UMASS-Lowell. Ball State went 30-28 last year.

New Orleans is 2-1 against Southern, Alabama State, and Illinois Chicago. They have two midweek games against LSU and Jackson State this week prior to the weekend. They were 30-28-1 last year.

So definitely winnable games, but games Iowa could lose as well. It would be nice to see Iowa get a W against an ACC opponent even though it may not be a top tier ACC school.
is there any streaming video coverage? if so, i can probably get everyone a free link; let me know. thanks

Reactions: Birdman007
is there any streaming video coverage? if so, i can probably get everyone a free link; let me know. thanks
Looks like the University of New Orleans will have the stream of the games this weekend on their all-access version. The link for the Iowa vs. VT game is below. Of course they want you to pay for it so if you can find a way to get a free version for the games this weekend that would be awesome.

http://unoprivateers.com/watch/?Live=1352&type=Live

Reactions: Franisdaman
Sorry I meant to make my own post. I would give Cole McDonald one more start but I don’t think that he is going to stick in the rotation. Not sure who the guy will be to take his place but Cole is not the answer in my opinion

Sorry I meant to make my own post. I would give Cole McDonald one more start but I don’t think that he is going to stick in the rotation. Not sure who the guy will be to take his place but Cole is not the answer in my opinion

McDonald's issue has been getting out of the 1st and/or 2nd inning without any damage. I am convinced it is a mental thing at this point as his freshman year he showed some promise. He had a few good starts last year as well.

Here are the Easy Step by step instructions for Downloading and Installing the VLC Media Player 3.0.0:

If you have Windows OS, go here for your download: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Note that there are also links for Apple OS, etc. On the page that comes up, on the right side, look for "Download VLC." Click on that button. Your download will begin.

At the bottom of the page, in the lower left, you will eventually see "vlc-3.0.0-win32exe" Click on the drop down arrow, and OPEN.

When prompted, "Allow" the program to run.

Select English as the language.

Click on "next" a couple times until you get to "choose components."

When INSTALLING
(as part of the Setup Wizard), when you get to the "Choose Components" window, scroll down, and under the File type association heading, check/select "delete cache and preferences." This is important! Click on “next.”

Click on "install." VLC will then start installing on your computer.

The Setup Wizard box will pop up one last time; make sure the “Run VLC media player” box is checked; then click on “Finish.”

With Windows, a privacy policy box may pop up. I unchecked both boxes and clicked on "continue."

The VLC media player then opens!!!

You will need to make an adjustment to VLC ------ VERY IMPORTANT!!

1st, Open VLC 3.0.0 (which you just did).
2nd, At the top of the VLC screen, Click on Tools > Preferences
3rd, On the bottom, left of the VLC screen, you will see "Show Settings;" click on "All"
4th, In the left column of the VLC screen, find and click on "Input/Codecs."
5th, On the right side of the VLC screen, scroll down to the "Advanced (at the bottom)" section and change the value for Network Caching to 5000 (ms). This helps to prevent dropped frames and provides a more stable video stream.

And lastly, Click on "Save."

At the top of the VLC media player, click on “Playback.” Then Click on “Play.” An “Open Media’ box pops up. Click on the “Network” tab; you will see the message to “Please enter a network URL:” This is where you copy and paste the game link.

Reactions: Couppee
Where did you find the link?
i don't like to "broadcast" my source because I am not sure if Big Brother is watching and I do know that one time my source was contacted by BTN and told to take their web site down; I share a lot of FREE links for BTN Plus basketball games that would normally cost an individual $10/month

Reactions: SWIowahawks
i don't like to "broadcast" my source because I am not sure if Big Brother is watching and I do know that one time my source was contacted by BTN and told to take their web site down; I share a lot of FREE links for BTN Plus basketball games that would normally cost an individual $10/month
No biggie. I was just wanting to make sure if the link didn’t work, I could find another one quickly. If it works, you’re the man, not Fran.

Reactions: Couppee
It still goes straight to New Orleans vs. Sam Houston st. women’s basketball. There is a “countdown to tip-off” on the screen that starts at 10 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT