ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ Allstate Sugar Bowl Baseball Classic

Any time you can beat an ACC school it's a good thing, even though they are a bottom level ACC school currently. How about Nick Allgeyer? If we get this kind of effort from him all season, good things will happen on Fridays which is big in a weekend series.

Not a good night for the Hawkeyes for sure. Iowa looked to be in good shape thru 2, but they did miss some changes to tack on a run or two in those innings. They also had the bases loaded in the 3rd and got nothing. Iowa gave up 7 runs in the 4th which obviously is a killer. One error ultimately allows a huge inning to happen. I'd have to see how they scored it, but I'd guess 4 or 5 runs were unearned?

These games are obviously going to happen from time to time, just need to find a way to bounce back from it.

Two things that are sticking out very early to me which does have me a little concerned. Iowa has left way too many RISP in my opinion. Besides three homeruns has Iowa had an extra base hits this year? I don't think so which is a problem. Really tough to have the big innings when you hit all singles.

Iowa vs New Orleans on Sunday. UNO is 2-0 on the weekend. Go Hawks!

Not a good night for the Hawkeyes for sure. Iowa looked to be in good shape thru 2, but they did miss some changes to tack on a run or two in those innings. They also had the bases loaded in the 3rd and got nothing. Iowa gave up 7 runs in the 4th which obviously is a killer. One error ultimately allows a huge inning to happen. I'd have to see how they scored it, but I'd guess 4 or 5 runs were unearned?

These games are obviously going to happen from time to time, just need to find a way to bounce back from it.

Two things that are sticking out very early to me which does have me a little concerned. Iowa has left way too many RISP in my opinion. Besides three homeruns has Iowa had an extra base hits this year? I don't think so which is a problem. Really tough to have the big innings when you hit all singles.

Iowa vs New Orleans on Sunday. UNO is 2-0 on the weekend. Go Hawks!
actually, if I recall correctly, I think all of those 7 runs were unearned because had the Iowa SS fielded the ball, it likely was a double play where they get out of the inning unscathed

NCAA BASEBALL
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 25

1:00 ET Iowa @ New Orleans VLC Link

on VLC Links, if "1" in URL doesn't work, try "2", and vice versa...these schools occasionally have softball games at the same time so URL's will change on occasion....

After 1, its....

DW5t3obWAAITFaL.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT