ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ B1G Tournament

Grounder to short, everybody's safe. 1st and second. 1 out.

Double play to short. 4-1. Going to 3rd inning.

I really don't like how this park is playing...it's ridiculous. We could very well have 30+ home runs by the time the tournament is over.

Iowa wins 9-8 and they advance to face Nebraska on Friday. As of now it looks like it's at 9am on Friday, but no idea if the late game gets in tonight?

Josh Martsching was absolutely huge in the 8th/9th. Survive and advance...

Heller has done a great job (might say hellera job) to make the Hawkeye baseball program relevant again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3boysmom
Heller has done a great job (might say helluva job) to make the Hawkeye baseball program relevant again.

With so many high school kids in Iowa playing baseball, with the Hawks being the only Division 1 program in the state, and with a good head coach in place, there is no reason that baseball can't consistently be one of the most successful men's programs at Iowa. And, with Wisconsin not even having a baseball team we should be able to pull in our share of talent from Wisconsin as well. We could be experiencing the start of very nice and very long run of consistent success.

Reactions: MagicCoach
Time to take this tournament to a dome.

Indiana's field and facilities are good (turf field) but the curfew rule about no games starting after 10 p.m. is silly. Hold the thing in a location where you can get in a game that needs to be played at night if needed.

It will really suck if Iowa happens to beat Nebraska on Friday and the weather blows the schedule to crap over the weekend. Many of the team still alive need to win the tournament to get in the NCAA regionals.

Who is throwing for Iowa today? Neb pitcher? Game is huge for Iowa and selfishly me as well living in Omaha! C'mon Hawks! Big Red football jerseys creepin' back out of the closets this a.m....

In Omaha they had games scheduled for 9pm and had no problem starting them later. Realistically if you want to get four games in, that is how. The B1G is basically saying they expect games to last 2 hrs 50 min and no more.

Who is throwing for Iowa today? Neb pitcher? Game is huge for Iowa and selfishly me as well living in Omaha! C'mon Hawks! Big Red football jerseys creepin' back out of the closets this a.m....

Erickson for Iowa, Burkamper for Nebraska. Both can be very good, but both can be hit on as well.

Indiana's field and facilities are good (turf field) but the curfew rule about no games starting after 10 p.m. is silly. Hold the thing in a location where you can get in a game that needs to be played at night if needed.
It's a state law in Indiana that no event can start after sundown. Too much chance of the the HIV spreading.

Reactions: MagicCoach

It will really suck if Iowa happens to beat Nebraska on Friday and the weather blows the schedule to crap over the weekend. Many of the team still alive need to win the tournament to get in the NCAA regionals.
That's why I suggested a dome. No need to worry about the weather. ;)

That's why I suggested a dome. No need to worry about the weather. ;)

Yes I got that :)

Seriously, are there any viable domes in the Big Ten geography? I know Iowa played in the new Vikings stadium earlier this year, but the field was kind of a weird size. Perhaps Ford Field in Detroit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT