ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Bowl Game Notes & Two Deeps

Gennings Dunker gets the nod at RG ... I like it and think he is going to turn in to a stud. Somebody on here the other day said he is up to 325. Strong as an ox.

3 sophomores, 1 Freshman and 1 Junior starting at OL.
4 sophomores and 3 redshirt freshmen in the 9 offensive linemen in the 2 deeps. Plumb, the lone senior, probably moves on after this year. The rest return, bringing a ton of experience and reps back for next year.

I am hitting the portal cause I am not a starter.
Piss poor assumption IMO. He's a grad transfer who put in his time here. How do we know the coaches didn't want to free up another scholarship and had a conversation with him.

My scenario could be completely wrong as well; maybe he wants to jump start his grad degree somewhere else.

They are obviously parting on good terms, so it doesn't really seem like Craddieth's ego is the cause for transferring.

Please talk me off a ledge and we don’t see anything new in the portal.
I have no idea why he isn't starting. But he will be next season I'm sure. And we are far from done in the portal. KP leaving for max nil frees up the nil we need to fill the holes on offense. Cade is following some guys that i expect to be Hawkeyes. We'll be a much better team next year.

Is this the first time Labas has gone by Joe? He's a man now as the starter so time to drop the y.

Also love seeing Dunker back in at RG. Staff was high on him during pre-season. He is a weight room warrior. He could be key to the run game for the bowl as well as next year.

4 sophomores and 3 redshirt freshmen in the 9 offensive linemen in the 2 deeps. Plumb, the lone senior, probably moves on after this year. The rest return, bringing a ton of experience and reps back for next year.
Maybe Stephens gets a starting role on the other side nexr year
Is this the first time Labas has gone by Joe? He's a man now as the starter so time to drop the y.

Also love seeing Dunker back in at RG. Staff was high on him during pre-season. He is a weight room warrior. He could be key to the run game for the bowl as well as next year.

I think what it means is he put off transferring to help the team. He is a high class individual and it’s fairly remarkable!

Now, it’s entirely possible. They talked him into staying on the team for next year but that doesn’t seem very likely because at this point in time if he’s not on the two deeps and I don’t think he will be for next year, he’d be better off going somewhere else for us and him both but we need him right now for depth.

Pretty sure we had a backup QB do something similar for the Pinstripe Bowl. There wasn't much depth behind Stanley and he decided to stick with the team through the game in case Nate got injured.

I have no idea why he isn't starting. But he will be next season I'm sure. And we are far from done in the portal. KP leaving for max nil frees up the nil we need to fill the holes on offense. Cade is following some guys that i expect to be Hawkeyes. We'll be a much better team next year.

I wonder when Iowa goes 4-2-5 if secondary won't be Dejean, Moss, Castro, Schulte and X at the SS or cash opposite of Castro who is listed as backup at cash and starting SS.
I kinda expect this also. We also should know better than to put a ton of stock into a depth chart by now also.

He's been "Joe" rather than "Joey" for awhile now. I think that started at the beginning of this season, if memory serves me.

Excited to see him play....and I hope he's a gamer....cuz he obviously doesn't practice well.

Pretty sure we had a backup QB do something similar for the Pinstripe Bowl. There wasn't much depth behind Stanley and he decided to stick with the team through the game in case Nate got injured.

The portal wasn't a thing yet when Wiegers transfered. Anyone hoping to find a new home now needs to enter as soon as the window opens.

Reactions: hawkhockey
Jack rose in the end after committing from what i remember. I thought he was a low mid 3 when i first checked on him. I am pretty Merriweather was a 2 star when i first checked on him also but i have been wrong before. Im on my 2nd marriage after all and been engaged 3 times
Better not see you criticizing any of these kids who back out of their commitments :D

Where/how did Iowa end up with the original transfers that you thought were headed our way? Feels like there has been some bumps like Holden or have the coaches had to switch targets a little more than expected?

Reactions: cmhawks99

This is an amazing thing if true and incredibly indicative of this staff and their connection with their players!

That’s why Im glad Doyle is gone and why I’m no fan of BF, I feel like he is an entitled ass and it come from his mother.

I have now heard from multiple sources that she is very pompous and from those that don’t know her father was an NFL bigwig.

She is very much part of the problem!

• Wow
Reactions: blhawk
Piss poor assumption IMO. He's a grad transfer who put in his time here. How do we know the coaches didn't want to free up another scholarship and had a conversation with him.

My scenario could be completely wrong as well; maybe he wants to jump start his grad degree somewhere else.

They are obviously parting on good terms, so it doesn't really seem like Craddieth's ego is the cause for transferring.
Really? Isnt that 98% of the reasoning behind football transfers? Why would someone walk away from a starting role on a perennial Top 10 defense, that consistently puts DB's into the NFL? If it is academics driven, then more power to him. But that is rarely the case.

Was Stephens still injured or did Dunker pass him by or was Dunker injured and now just healthy again?

For ****$ sake only at Iowa would a projected first rounder not start on defense and X be playing behind union card holder Quinn “Can’t run a shit lick” Schulte
LoL! A player who has not earned a starting position in the backfield is considered a First Round Draft pick!?

I sure hope he is all that and a bag of chips, but we have not seen anything to suggest that.

This is an amazing thing if true and incredibly indicative of this staff and their connection with their players!

That’s why Im glad Doyle is gone and why I’m no fan of BF, I feel like he is an entitled ass and it come from his mother.

I have now heard from multiple sources that she is very pompous and from those that don’t know her father was an NFL bigwig.

She is very much part of the problem!
So you can rag on Mrs Ferentz but nobody can bag on the the male Ferentz’s? Nice….

Reactions: blhawk
Curious to see if Iowa tries to change its image some and let Labas throw caution to the wind both with arm and legs.
Well, given our sieve of an OL, he’ll need his legs for sure. Remains to be seen if he can hit the broad side of a barn — or if he can get much help from his WR’s — with his arm.

Bottom line, regardless of outcome you will bitch! Says a lot about you, I mean a ton about YOU!
No, if Labas doesn’t do well I will see how the coaches were correct, which they probably are. Now other than rattling your cage tell me when I have been negative towards the coaches? I only questioned why we were not trying a more mobile qb when it was obvious it would help because the oline was playing poor and Petras was a statue…I just don’t worship the coaches like you do…

You're the idiot, bitching about Phil's defense. Do you really think you know more about his players than he does? Do you know what pompous means? Check out the mirror next time you walk past...
So you don’t think Vanness should be listed as a starter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT