ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa gets $415M to build out high-speed broadband

Hate to both sides ya here, but it's also impossible to reconcile the extreme left positions on this board. Bitch when iowa gets federal money but bitches when they don't.

Actually, it's more like pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you, who benefitted from investments in the 1930s and 1940s to electrify states like Iowa - paid for by the taxes from people back then, who refuse to pay taxes now to support the same thing for internet 100 years later, for the people (including yourself) who will benefit from it for generations to come.

Actually, it's more like pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you, who benefitted from investments in the 1930s and 1940s to electrify states like Iowa - paid for by the taxes from people back then, who refuse to pay taxes now to support the same thing for internet 100 years later, for the people (including yourself) who will benefit from it for generations to come.
What a ****ing bunch of shite this is. Lol sheesh.

Explain how that has anything to do with what I posted. Explain who "refuses" to pay taxes. I didn't know you had a choice! Lololol

What a ****ing bunch of shite this is.
It's facts.

People paid taxes to electrify your state in the 1930s.

You're one of the idiots on here decrying any tax hikes on the wealthy to fund things like this, which will, again, benefit the rural areas in your state.

If you don't know what it was like in states like Iowa in the 1920s and 1930s, look it up. I gave you the Wiki link. Go learn something.

It's facts.

People paid taxes to electrify your state in the 1930s.

You're one of the idiots on here decrying any tax hikes on the wealthy to fund things like this, which will, again, benefit the rural areas in your state.

If you don't know what it was like in states like Iowa in the 1920s and 1930s, look it up. I gave you the Wiki link. Go learn something.
Huh. You wanna just go ahead and quote my posts decrying any tax hikes on the wealthy. Thanks in advance. Good lord lolololol

Huh. You wanna just go ahead and quote my posts decrying any tax hikes on the wealthy.
It's how you vote, and who you vote for.

You VOTE for those things, Cletus. It's apparent with every post you make.

True 5G is short distances.

TMobile's "5G" is really another version of 4GLTE, and you cannot get enough bandwidth compared to wired/fiber.

5G in cities works because every antenna is connected to nearby fiber, which has gobs of bandwidth. Those fibers to not exist in rural areas.

EDIT: In other words, 5G is built on a backbone of fiber networks, which don't exist outside of the cities.
Rural towers have fiber to them as well.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Well, thank God Al Gore invented the internet. Now we can have 5G high speed capabilities in metro areas and the rural communities will now have access to it as well.

Thanks Al!!!

what-were-you-thinking-al-gore.gif

You are so fos. Lol
If I work my butt off and have money, why would the government have to be involved when I give it to someone else. I'm making that money for me AND my kids. The government shouldn't be able to take one penny imo. They taxed it when I earned it.

Yup.

Folks in the 1920s and 1930s paid those taxes. But not you.

Rural towers have fiber to them as well.
That's the point: the minimal cellular coverage in rural areas won't handle broadband for everyone. There's no 5G out there.

This is building out fiber to the small towns and get access to people's homes

Well, thank God Al Gore invented the internet.

Kewl

But that's not what Al Gore ever said.
Al Gore created the legislation that enabled the internet.

Absent that legislation, you'd have a patchwork of networks, all owned by a different monolithic company.

Reactions: lucas80
Maybe she can bank it…..and use it to assist private/parochial schools with tuition money for middle and upper class students seeking enrollment?
Don't think for a minute Dim Kim isn't scheming this.
Especially now that the State's estimate was grossly underestimating the number of wealthy Iowans who would apply for the free money.

I fear what the State budget vs revenue numbers will look like in five years.
It will be brutal.

Reactions: cigaretteman

This is what "governance" looks like. Putting resources where they are needed, not based on "who voted for you", or retaliating against people who "did not vote for you"...

Reactions: RileyHawk
Jesus christ that's for inheritance.
Jesus christ....that's a tax

And it's not even that much of one, with the caps in place. But there you were, bitching about it, while people in the 30s, 40s and 50s paid WAY higher top rates than you are now, so you could have electricity.

Jesus christ....that's a tax

And it's not even that much of one, with the caps in place. But there you were, bitching about it, while people in the 30s, 40s and 50s paid WAY higher top rates than you are now, so you could have electricity.
Blah blah blah

I just read in my weekly Farm Bureau magazine that there’s $6 billion now available to asssit in avoiding farm foreclosures.
More money Kim won’t turn away, I suppose. It’s a good thing Biden didn’t pass legislation assisting farm families get out from under student loans. Kimmie would not stand for that!!

We have a house in middle of no city in Iowa (68 houses in 10 miles radius) that we spend maybe 30 days a year in USA at the private pond and land, ect. We were told they are improving landline phones and installing broadband for internet. The cost for broadband month internet was double what we pay currently, and 240gb slower. Great job government.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I remember when Kim canceled people’s federal unemployment subsidy. We can pay for our own broadband by working. She will say no to the money

Seems like Iowa is actually going to Broadband Back Better... I'll give credit to the Biden regime and congress for actually getting something done.

The cost for broadband month internet was double what we pay currently, and 240gb slower. Great job government.
I'd bet it's way way faster than what exists there now...

(btw, those broadband fibers are NOT yet installed, so your example is kinda silly here)

They stole from you to pay for it. You make no sense

This is EXACTLY how "electrification" for Iowa and other "flyover" states was accomplished 100 years ago.

You'd live in essentially "caves" today, if that hadn't been done in the 1930s and 1940s.

Reactions: joelbc1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT