ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa H.S. State Finals

Avila(ICW) going for 4 titles against Downey(Indianola). Downey almost gets a TD but Avila takes Downey to his back. Avila up 5-0

Avila looking good. Riding Downey hard and almost takes him to his back.

These 2 have never wrestled.

Avila turtling up on bottom in 3rd. Downey turns him for 2! Now Downey does it again! 5-5 now! Going OT!

Downey in on a shot. Avila around the back. Stalemate.

Downey escapes quick in 2nd OT.

Avila rolls.. Downey still riding.. 13 seconds. Stalemate.

Stall call Downey. Avila injury time with 1 second left. Downey going to win! Avila can't believe it. Walks back to center. Downey wins!!! Wow!

Congrats Indianola! I grew up there. Huge win for Downey!

Last edited:
Avila looking good. Riding Downey hard and almost takes him to his back.

These 2 have never wrestled.

Avila turtling up on bottom in 3rd. Downey turns him for 2! Now Downey does it again! 5-5 now! Going OT!

Downey in on a shot. Avila around the back. Stalemate.

Downey escapes quick in 2nd OT.

Avila rolls.. Downey still riding.. 13 seconds. Stalemate.

Stall call Downey. Avila injury time with 1 second left. Downey going to win! Avila can't believe it. Walks back to center. Downey wins!!! Wow!

Congrats Indianola! I grew up there. Huge win for Downey!
Is that Jared's son? Used to roll with him back in the day.

I never really trust Ironside to know what he's talking about on the little details.

Just corrected himself
Yeah, somebody got in his ear and told him. Was funny he said Downey's dad, Pat grew up in his area and so on. Whoops!

Ironside is just great when it comes to calling the action but you can tell he doesn't know a lot of these kids. At least he's not just rambling on like Gable did when he was covering the state finals.

Reactions: Jaybird319
Martinson(SEP) is up on Hunter Garvin 1-0 in the 2nd period.

Garvin gets a defensive pin on. Wow!

Reactions: TarpHawk
You know that he had a pretty serious knee injury in December…. Wrestling his 7th match since…. Let alone he knew he just lost the chance of being the 32nd 4 timer…. Maybe cut the kid some slack
Your probably right.

Is that Jared's son? Used to roll with him back in the day.

I never really trust Ironside to know what he's talking about on the little details.
Yes. Jarid Downey is the dad. 2 time state champ for Indianola in the early 90s

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 so far
Martinson up on Aiden Riggins. 2-0 . Now 3-2 Riggins 20 seconds left in 1st period.

Escape Martinson. 3-3. Riggins quickly back in on a shot. 5-3 Riggins. Riding hard end of 2nd.

Riggins with another TD. 7-3

My video cut out so I missed the end. Riggins was riding late in the 3rd last I saw.

One tough SOB!

Looks like the apple fell pretty close to the tree
Yes he is! Definitely a wild human. He has that extra go go gear the rest of us don't have. I haven't seen him in awhile but I'm guessing he is still running around like a mad man cracking jokes and heads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT