ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa H.S. State Finals

Is Porter committed anywhere yet? Being from Northwest Iowa I’m a fan of night of conflict and that’s where I first saw him Wrestle he beat block convincingly he is very physical. Des Moines registers said he’s beat five state champions this year not sure if that was a mistake or even possible do we have any interest or a shot with him?
I know his dad is a big Iowa fan, if that means anything🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Ben Kueter had a great senior wrestling season, finishing with a dominate performance in the Iowa High School State Wrestling Championships. I've had the opportunity to see him wrestle on several occasions, always impressed with his talent. Yet he does have some work to do if he plans to move to the next level. While I saw (internet) only a handful of wrestlers at the IHSAA 220 lbs. class, normally this weight class is pretty understaffed. Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
Ben Kueter had a great senior wrestling season, finishing with a dominate performance in the Iowa High School State Wrestling Championships. I've had the opportunity to see him wrestle on several occasions, always impressed with his talent. Yet he does have some work to do if he plans to move to the next level. While I saw (internet) only a handful of wrestlers at the IHSAA 220 lbs. class, normally this weight class is pretty understaffed. Time will tell.

He’s only a Junior

Edit to add you must’ve missed their folkstyle match earlier in the summer where Kueter pinned him.

Last edited:

Not a senior. And pretty much all hs wrestlers moving onto the next level have things they need to work on. I'm just hoping he focuses on wrestling in College.

Reactions: el dub

Either an absolute pinhead post or a brilliant troll. Both suck equally.

Last edited:
Either an absolute pinhead post or a brilliant troll. Both suck equally.
Keuter is a beast. No idea what he weighs, but he looks like he has about 5% body fat. The kid is in shape for a 220 lber. He and one of Iowa's other H.S. Juniors Nate Jesuroga tore up the Class 3A field.

The other Iowa H.S. Junior Ryder Block beat a 3x Louisiana State Champ 2-0 ( haven't seen the match yet, surprised me it was that close TBH).

I'm good with Kueter's wrestling ability and trajectory. He's gonna be a handful, and likely an undefeated 4 Timer in Iowa in Class 3A at the upper weights. Extremely rare air.

Well he won it as a freshman at 160, a soph at 195, and now at 220. Was 60 and 95 limited as well?

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one. This year he had TF, TF, Fall, Fall at state as a junior moving up to 220 when he was just 160 two years ago. 60 pounds in 2 years! He is an elite recruit that will be just fine at the next level.

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one. This year he had TF, TF, Fall, Fall at state as a junior moving up to 220 when he was just 160 two years ago. 60 pounds in 2 years! He is an elite recruit that will be just fine at the next level.
FWIW, I haven't seen him wrestle much, but he looked like a man among boys Saturday and your point of him having grown so much in the past two years cannot be overstated. He is literally still growing into his man body...I would not want to wrestle him! :)

Ben Keuter is a transcendent wrestling talent. To not give that talent the development it deserves is crazy. He's a good football player, not close to transcendent.

Kueter really reminds me of current starting LB Jack Campbell. Long, lean and nasty on the football field. But he just needs to fill out. He might be 6’4 250 after filling out some more to play LB.

Not a senior. And pretty much all hs wrestlers moving onto the next level have things they need to work on. I'm just hoping he focuses on wrestling in College.
Football will be paying his ride so at this time it seems unlikely he’s going to focus solely on wrestling. Things can change though.

Two Bens, you old timers will recall. The resemblance is remarkable. While Kueter is at 220 lbs. and Peterson was at 198 lbs. both are great wrestlers. Two Adonis’s.
And for those of you who are still out there on the road, searching for a code that you can live-by, Ben Peterson is pretty tall cotton. Teach Your Children.

c501e07b-9cef-431d-afa4-940e9fcb145a-210831-Ben_Kueter-003.jpg

ben-peterson.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT