ADVERTISEMENT

<<< Iowa Hawkeyes 2018 NFL Draft Summary and Analysis >>>

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
Starting a thread in anticipation of what should make up a fairly strong Hawkeye Football draft class for 2018. The long awaited and much discussed 2018 draft arrives tomorrow and most expect to see 2 Hawks drafted in the first round. KF will be in Dallas for the draft and how fitting is it that Josh Jackson will likely be drafted in the first round of the draft in his own back yard of Dallas Texas. After Daniels and Jackson come of the board I expect to see Jewell go in the 3rd to 4th round, Wadley in the 4th to 6th round and Welsh in the 5th to 7th. I Would love to see Boettger and Niemann get picked late, but if not they will just add to a strong UDFA class as well. BEST of luck to all Hawkeye Football players seeking their shot at the big time in the NFL this year! Can't wait to see my twitter feed light up with draft updates tomorrow!

Jackson to the Chargers would shock me because the Chargers already have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. I have seen multiple mock drafts of Josh going to Seattle at the 18th pick. Sherman is gone and they need a replacement.

Bengals need a center at 21. Patriots could use a center at 23 or 31. By the 46th pick, all 3 of the upper tier centers will be picked up between Ragnow, Price and Daniels.

Josey’s Measurables just aren’t prototypical for the NFL, but we all know that by the time the first game rolls around, the Outlaw will be a starter (barring injury) in September. I am seeing only 1 mock draft having him in the 2nd round. Most of them show Josey in the 3rd or 4th. I have seen Akrum as early as the 3rd and as far back as the 6th. I have seen Welsh mostly between the 5th and 7th round.

Reactions: OnlyKnown4Waving
I haven't been able to conclusively verify yet but I if James Daniels is selected in the 1st Rd, he will become the second youngest 1sr Rd draftee in NFL history. Daniels is 20 years old. If he wins a starting spot at 20 that would be quite an accomplishment .....I'm pretty sure Iowa has had redshirt freshman in their program at that age.

Jackson to the Chargers would shock me because the Chargers already have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. I have seen multiple mock drafts of Josh going to Seattle at the 18th pick. Sherman is gone and they need a replacement.

Bengals need a center at 21. Patriots could use a center at 23 or 31. By the 46th pick, all 3 of the upper tier centers will be picked up between Ragnow, Price and Daniels.

Josey’s Measurables just aren’t prototypical for the NFL, but we all know that by the time the first game rolls around, the Outlaw will be a starter (barring injury) in September. I am seeing only 1 mock draft having him in the 2nd round. Most of them show Josey in the 3rd or 4th. I have seen Akrum as early as the 3rd and as far back as the 6th. I have seen Welsh mostly between the 5th and 7th round.
"shock me" I get it. Bahahahahaha!

Wow was I off on the whole time frame of when the draft takes place. Of course its a primetime event that drags out over a couple days. My bad. Anyway. Lets see where the chips fall!

Love or hate Mayfield, think he’s going to be a star or bust, walk-on to first pick in the draft is a pretty cool story. Good for him.

Good on the Giants for taking Barkley though. Great pick

Justt read the new Oath permissions for using this site. They can read your emails, use your photos and pretty much everything else you post. See ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT