ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa / ISU pbp

this-pleases-me-heavy-weights.gif

Damn, say what you want about the Brands, but they out coached the f*ck outta the Iowa St coaching staff. Multiple times in that dual, the Clone coaches had there heads up there asses. When PK was gassing, Dresser couldn’t do math and told Gaitan to keep him down, giving PK the win. Unbelievable, if you’re a recruit recruits parents, you have to see that and scratch your head a bit.

He was aggressive the entire match even when he clearly had no energy. I want to see that same fight from our guys these next 3 weights
Hill was outclassed in a major decision loss but never stopped fighting. I'd say we went 3 for 3 after this comment and those first 2 sealed us the win

As bleak as it looked after the first 5 was how good we looked the second 5. Lots of things to work on still for this team but we're not backing down when things get tough

We can still call Arnolds wins over top ranked guys upsets but not much longer.
Heckuva effort from Gabe. He works his tail off but man he's going to have a long season going up against bigger and longer 184s.

DA slides and gets a leg
Trying to shelf
Whizzard and then a kick out.
Drake has and ankle and loses it.
0-0
under. 1 min
Terk is hanging on
restart 40 seconds
Drake looks a foot taller here
DA trys to slide by but nothing.
End of 1
0-0

Honestly I never expect to beat Iowa, It's at the "I'll believe it when I see it" stage of life and I have been for a while.

What bugs me is the efforts at 184 and 197. Not even trying to shoot in the last minute at 197 is basically just taking a knee when you're losing. The staff being unaware of what they needed at the end of the Kennedy/Gaitan match is just dumb.

I'm a marginal wrestling fan. I watch a few meets a year. ISU is making a major investment into wrestling now... why? If this is the level of effort we can expect from the coaches and at some weights save the money.
You sound like the typical ISU wrestling fan. They showed today because they were led to believe ISU would win. Otherwise don’t give a crap,.

Can they beat us this year?

Nope, not happening. Even with a steel folding chair.

This didn't age well

Great call!

This didn't age well.

Yep, I got some details dead wrong today. But my heart was in the right place — and accurate — a month ago.

@LIV4GOD I recognize. But @IAcubbies and @Greenheadhawk ? Who are you?

Caliendo stayed in the middle of the mat, I'll give you that. Carr was the aggressor the entire match. The amount of shots for Carr vs. Caliendo wasn't close.
Stalling shouldn’t be called based on who shoots more. Caliendo was NEVER stalling. He was looking to score the entire match. News flash…..Carr is really good at wrestling and it’s difficult to get him out of position and get a quality shot off on.

Wow Brands move to put in PK and bump Arnold pays off. NOW Brands has out coached Dresser today!

Still pissed they didn’t have Woods and VV take top tho.
I don't have a problem with Woods not taking top. Probably would've worked out for the better, but Real hadn't proven he could take him down.

Echemendia is a freaking horse, and if he happened to get out then who's to say the ref doesn't let him track meet his way to a victory?

As far as VV goes, that was VV's fault, not the coaches. He didn't even look to the corner when they were yelling at him to defer.

ISU was out-coached and out-wrestled today. I would not be happy with Dresser if I was an ISU fan.
Most Clone fans don't know any better.

Dresser has fed them bullshit since the day he arrived and most of them eat it up with a spoon and a sponge.

He's better than KJ, but who isn't?
I predict today will be the last sellout in Hilton until they get a new HC in a few years.
He can't sell "hope" after today's turd.

Yep...the list of mistakes today by the ISU staff is long and still growing.

Can I call Dresser/Metcalf/DSJ the modern day version of The Three Stooges?

Most Clone fans don't know any better.

Dresser has fed them bullshit since the day he arrived and most of them eat it up with a spoon and a sponge.

He's better than KJ, but who isn't?
I predict today will be the last sellout in Hilton until they get a new HC in a few years.
He can't sell "hope" after today's turd.
TNT and crew just murdered Dresser’s lame ass coaching career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT