ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa lands former Villanova PG Lucy Olsen

boom-alonzo.gif

Great get, now get a bigger big Bluder.

I like this addition but her shooting percentages are nothing to brag about.

There is reason for optimism, though, as her overall shooting percentage has improved every year in college and she shot much better from the arc (35.6%) the year before.

Incoming frosh Ava Heiden at 6'4" to go along with AOG

Yeah, we need quick agile Biggs not Giants 63 and 64 that can get up and down the court is really what we’re looking for… Of course, who wouldn’t take that player, right?

But we’re talking about “need” and I don’t know why we have so many guys on here that struggle with the fact that we were a better team this year without Monica than we were the year before…. speed up and down the court is what we need! With a bit more height/length

Great addition. How good are the incoming freshmen guards to play point?
Guyton will be recovered by January and get a little experience
Last season the 5'9 guard averaged 23.3 pts, 4.8 rebs and 3.8 assists.

She shot 29.4% from 3 and 43.8% overall. She also shot 80.7% from the FT line.

She was the nation's 3rd leading scorer last season.

RANKNAMETEAMPPG
1Caitlin ClarkIowa31.6
2JuJu WatkinsSouthern California27.1
3Lucy OlsenVillanova23.3

i
And in Iowa tradition- she is also beautiful like the rest of our team😊

Add Lucy to returning starters Sydney and Hannah...

who are the other 2 starters?
To start the season at least O'Grady but she'll have to produce to keep it, the other spot will either be McCabe or Feuerbach. Both are good options and bring something different. Feuerbach brings better defense and athleticism on both ends but her shot needs to get more consistent. I'd probably go with McCabe, her shooting will spread the floor and she'll have all summer to work on her defense.

Addie likely at post starting the season if they do really want Hannah at the 4, Will be interesting to see how fast Ava Heiden progresses, Guessing it comes down to Taylor and Kylie for the other spot.
I wouldn't count out Mallegani for some significant minutes. Maybe Stremlow and Levin as well. Guyton will play if she's recovered enough

PG Olsen
SG McCabe
SF Affolter
PF Stuelke
C Heiden

Hope I'm wrong but I think AOG could take a step back without having an elite passer creating so many opportunities for her. Just an optimistic guess that Ava will bring a better overall skill set. And with Olsen's ability to penetrate with the dribble and dish to the perimeter, I could see Taylor going nuts from three point range and when she gets hot she doesn't seem to miss.

PG Olsen
SG McCabe
SF Affolter
PF Stuelke
C Heiden

Hope I'm wrong but I think AOG could take a step back without having an elite passer creating so many opportunities for her. Just an optimistic guess that Ava will bring a better overall skill set. And with Olsen's ability to penetrate with the dribble and dish to the perimeter, I could see Taylor going nuts from 3.
Yes! When Taylor misses your more surprised than when she makes

Fantastic!

This just seems so critical for keeping the program momentum going as we add pieces in both the known commits and future ones. I just really want Iowa to parlay the CC Effect into becoming the "it program" of the Midwest.

Well, we don't have to call it that ... but ya'll know what I mean.

Last edited:
PG Olsen
SG McCabe
SF Affolter
PF Stuelke
C Heiden

Hope I'm wrong but I think AOG could take a step back without having an elite passer creating so many opportunities for her. Just an optimistic guess that Ava will bring a better overall skill set. And with Olsen's ability to penetrate with the dribble and dish to the perimeter, I could see Taylor going nuts from three point range and when she gets hot she doesn't seem to miss.

when I read "Ava," I immediately thought of 6'2" Ava Jones.... :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT