ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa No Longer a Swing State

StormHawk42

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2009
Trump brings out all the racists and bigots. Neither McCain nor Romney offered the racists and bigots anything so they stayed home.
If you think that is all it comes down to then you are…..

gordon-ramsay-idiot-sandwich.gif

Trump up by nearly 20 points according to Selzer (one of the only pollsters worth listening to).

I knew we were trending red but holy crap that’s a big shift from voting for Obama twice.

20? I don't believe that. If that were true, it would greatly change my current thinking of the general election. Iowa can't get to 20 without major segments of urban populations swinging to trump, and that would be shocking.

Absolutely rephresbible but I'm focused on local races and I think we can flip 1 or 2 US House seats. Still speaks volumes about rural Iowa though.

Reactions: nelly02
Absolutely rephresbible but I'm focused on local races and I think we can flip 1 or 2 US House seats. Still speaks volumes about rural Iowa though.
Rural Iowa is the definition of group think. You can only be straight, Christian, and white. Or at least act straight, Christian, and white if you're not. Deviate from that and they have a major problem.

The Felon literally brings nothing else to the table. You serious with this crap?
People don’t like what Biden has done in his four years and the policy he has created with certain things. His admin is way to left of center for a lot of people. I’m just telling you why you are seeing what you are seeing, didn’t say you had to like it.

Ofc they were always there. I grew up in small town white Iowa. I know firsthand that they were always there.
As much as everybody likes to think that stupid people of all stripes shouldn't be able to vote, well, they should.

Trump up by nearly 20 points according to Selzer (one of the only pollsters worth listening to).

I knew we were trending red but holy crap that’s a big shift from voting for Obama twice.

Quite the shift in a decade.

20? I don't believe that. If that were true, it would greatly change my current thinking of the general election. Iowa can't get to 20 without major segments of urban populations swinging to trump, and that would be shocking.
I don’t think it’ll end up that big but it’ll probably be at least 15. To Bruno’s point, the Dem party here is an embarrassment. To add to that, lots of factories and plants have closed so union jobs have disappeared.

The key to Dems being competitive in Iowa is not the urban areas. They need to lose rural votes by like 20 instead of 40-50 like they have been.

Politically we’re closer to Alabama than Wisconsin.

I’m pretty shocked also at how far ahead Trump is here. I’d be curious if the non-presidential races are closer.

I don’t think it’ll end up that big but it’ll probably be at least 15. To Bruno’s point, the Dem party here is an embarrassment. To add to that, lots of factories and plants have closed so union jobs have disappeared.

The key to Dems being competitive in Iowa is not the urban areas. They need to lose rural votes by like 20 instead of 40-50 like they have been.

Politically we’re closer to Alabama than Wisconsin.
Maybe this is your point, and the DNC sees the same thing... It seems like it would take a massive change in the Dem strategy to win rural voters in any significant number.

Maybe they've just pulled out deciding it's not worth it. As is, Dems just don't offer much for the rural voter, spending more time disparaging them and essentially wishing them out of existence than trying to win them over.

Trump brings out all the racists and bigots. Neither McCain nor Romney offered the racists and bigots anything so they stayed home.
Trump empowers and encourages the racists. I'm from rural Michigan and family reunions are interesting. The Trump folks spewing racist crap while the non-Trumpers are sitting there stoned faced. It's not hard to see the difference.

The DNC is conceding Iowa. The RNC knows Iowa is already “in the red.”

The absence of any presidential ads in Iowa is all you need to know as to how this state will end up for the presidential vote in November.

Trump empowers and encourages the racists. I'm from rural Michigan and family reunions are interesting. The Trump folks spewing racist crap while the non-Trumpers are sitting there stoned faced. It's not hard to see the difference.
FWIW, I used to be one of those stone-faced people. I’ve resolved to not stay quiet and challenge those who feel emboldened to say whatever they want. It’s been quite liberating and enjoyable.

For far too long, the “stone-faced” crowd has given license to the DT Barnum cult to say anything they want without being called on it. I particularly enjoy the look on their faces when confronted.

People don’t like what Biden has done in his four years and the policy he has created with certain things. His admin is way to left of center for a lot of people. I’m just telling you why you are seeing what you are seeing, didn’t say you had to like it.
What Biden policies/positions do you consider far left of center?

This has more to say about Biden than it does Trump. If democrats would run something other than a potato head, that number would be much smaller. Biden has been such a disaster and this number speaks to that.

Has nothing to do with racism or whatever other excuse the left wants to label it. Your telling me that the same state who voted for Obama twice is also racist. Dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT