ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Oline

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Is this one of the biggest (height and weight wise) for an Iowa offensive line? I can’t remember anytime (correct me if wrong) Iowa had such a huge line? Not sure what the average is but I see a a lot of 310 across the board … not sure what the average is but maybe around 305 across the line?

Reactions: iowaflash
we usually ( wirfs and jackson notwithstanding) deploy the smallest OL in the b1g. so really hope you are right (i haven’t assessed the tonnage yet)
also i’m under the impression that 325 is the new 300.

Last edited:
Don't count the freshmen. 🙂
its-still.gif

We need hippos on our line. They can identify as linemen.
How heavy is a hippo in tons?
Males are usually 3.5 metres (11.5 feet) long, stand 1.5 metres (5 feet) tall, and weigh 3,200 kg (3.5 tons).
Yeah, I have a weird sense of humor.
The most dangerous animals in Africa. Now, courtesy of Pablo Escobar's defunct zoo Hippos are thriving in South America. The animals were just basically turned loose. The elephants didn't try to escape but Hippos headed for the nearest river and have been breeding in the wild ever since.

The most dangerous animals in Africa. Now, courtesy of Pablo Escobar's defunct zoo Hippos are thriving in South America. The animals were just basically turned loose. The elephants didn't try to escape but Hippos headed for the nearest river and have been breeding in the wild ever since.
Just need the next drug lord to release some lions to keep the hippo population in check (loosely) and there you go, the best way to save species is the war on drugs. Who knew.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Just need the next drug lord to release some lions to keep the hippo population in check (loosely) and there you go, the best way to save species is the war on drugs. Who knew.
Crocs are the danger to hippos. Only a starving lion would attempt an attack on hippos, who also form up defensively.

Now, I hope this line plays like hippos. a croc might get at one hippo and another hippo will rip the croc in two. So, if some blocker doesn't get one of these guys sprinting into the backfield another guy needs to instinctively pick up the defender.

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Crocs are the danger to hippos. Only a starving lion would attempt an attack on hippos, who also form up defensively.

Now, I hope this line plays like hippos. a croc might get at one hippo and another hippo will rip the croc in two. So, if some blocker doesn't get one of these guys sprinting into the backfield another guy needs to instinctively pick up the defender.
I’m a Hippo and I wear Crocs

life-uh.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist contributing. I had the Jurassic Park song playing in my head while I read your post.

Anyway, I do love seeing freshman lineman coming into the program already with good size. We've had success stories with undersized lineman coming in, putting on the weight, and developing very well. But it's so nice having big, talented guys come in that don't need as many years before they can contribute.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT