ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa opens -10 vs Northwestern

Is that because everyone was picking Northwestern outright, so Vegas is trying to get people to throw their money away and pick Iowa?...............

Either way, Vegas is being shady af with this line.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
did these guys happen to go back and look at KF's record against NW in the last decade?

4-6. Also, as pointed out in another thread, this is one of KF’s biggest failings as most of these games have been close. Iowa is 1-5 the last decade against NW when the game was decided by a TD or less.

Yes. And the gamblers determine the odds.

That’s not how it works. Vegas sets the odds, based on their sophisticated ratings. The line then moves based on the amount of money bet on a specific side in order to entice betting on the other side. Vegas, in a perfect world, would prefer 50/50 betting on each game since that would eliminate any risk.

That’s not how it works. Vegas sets the odds, based on their sophisticated ratings. The line then moves based on the amount of money bet on a specific side in order to entice betting on the other side. Vegas, in a perfect world, would prefer 50/50 betting on each game since that would eliminate any risk.
I know. Watch this spread drop hard this week.

Is that because everyone was picking Northwestern outright, so Vegas is trying to get people to throw their money away and pick Iowa?...............

Either way, Vegas is being shady af with this line.

Huh?

Vegas is not in the business of predicting the outcome of games. The are in the gambling business. They set betting lines in an effort to get equal money bet on both sides so they make money on the juice. What is shady about that?

NW has looked much better than Iowa in the last couple of weeks, and they are certainly capable of winning at Kinnick,. NW is most effective when their passing game works, and Iowa has given up a bunch of big plays in the passing game. So why wouldn't NW be favored?

Huh?

Vegas is not in the business of predicting the outcome of games. The are in the gambling business. They set betting lines in an effort to get equal money bet on both sides so they make money on the juice. What is shady about that?

NW has looked much better than Iowa in the last couple of weeks, and they are certainly capable of winning at Kinnick,. NW is most effective when their passing game works, and Iowa has given up a bunch of big plays in the passing game. So why wouldn't NW be favored?

I don't know but I'll take the points.

NU does horribly as favorites. See Akron, Duke, Nebraska, and Rutgers. We play our best as dogs.

Supposed to be chilly and chance of snow. We saw not too long ago how Nate does in less than stellar weather.
I honestly thought it'd be a "pick em" or the Hawks by a couple, but 10 is shocking. Unless Josh, Desmond, Josey, and some others are coming back to suit up, we still have a secondary that can be abused.

NW is 5-1 in the conference, with a 3 point loss to Michigan. They beat MSU by 10 and Wisky by 14. They've beaten 2 of the B1G teams that Iowa has lost to (PU & Wisky).

NW at -10 seems fair to me.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT