ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa opens +5 in Hilton

That seems about right on the road.

Somewhat related, what do you guys think about Illinois being -1.5 against Michigan tonight at home? Seems like a trap

That seems about right on the road.

Somewhat related, what do you guys think about Illinois being -1.5 against Michigan tonight at home? Seems like a trap

Our ole computer friend has ILL 77 and Mich 69

I’m not touching this game either way.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
That seems more likely, but Illinois has been Jekyll and Hyde this early season.
I get the power of a home game in the Big Ten, but Michigan’s one loss was on the road against the #1 team in the country (at the time). Illinois, on the other hand, has been so inconsistent... I guess that they are coming off of two losses and their backs might be up against it, but just don’t see the basis for them to be favored.

I’d think that Michigan would want to make a defensive statement after the Iowa game, and Teske has as good of a chance at slowing Cockburn as anybody

Not sure why you’re saying we should win this when all predictions and odds have us losing?

I stated on this board that Iowa would easily beat MN and Syracuse and they did. But this game I just have no feel for who will win. Both teams could win, it just depends on who plays their game better. Quality matchup and I am enjoying watching Bohannon and Niang chirp. This series means a ton to some if the players.

Haven't won in Ames since 2001, (that's not a post season tournament)! Not a lot of good vibes going into this game and even though Iowa on paper should be the better team, I have to think that the cyclone crazy's will provide enough distractions to allow Iowa St to put a whipping on our boys to a tune of a double digit win.
If Iowa is to win tonight Wieskamp, Garza, Fredrick, Bohannan, plus someone coming off the bench will have to have extraordinary games, to offset their home court advantage.

The rhetoric surrounding this game is really getting ratcheted up. I hope the refs keep it under control early or things might get out of hand.

Reactions: kceasthawk
The computer likes the Hawks to win.

giphy.gif

Not sure why you’re saying we should win this when all predictions and odds have us losing?
That’s why I was sayin Iowa should win this game.

It’s pretty obvious that Iowa was the more athletic & better team heading into this game.

I didn’t think we’d beat them that bad but I figured if both teams played their best at Hilton, Iowa would win by 5 or 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT