ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school district shuttering...

MitchLL

HR Legend
Dec 26, 2018
Welp, the first domino has fallen.

Orient Macksburg school district will disband after a decision by the local school board.

Dim Kim's plan to solve the teacher/administration shortage has been started in Mississippi North. By forcing rural schools to go bankrupt, those employees can go to other schools now.

Fvcking genius move from our drunkard Governor.
Apparently she isn't as dumb as she looks?

Haven't rural schools been shuttering for a few decades now?

Last edited:
FWIW, I thought they had already combined with Greenfield as part of Nodaway Valley. Maybe that was some other school.

Haven't rural schools been shuttering for a few decades now?

Usually they consolidate with another district, Orient-Macksburg's students will be taken in by nearby school districts.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Orient Macksburg school district will disband after a decision by the local school board.

Dim Kim's plan to solve the teacher/administration shortage has been started in Mississippi North. By forcing rural schools to go bankrupt, those employees can go to other schools now.

Seems like your head will explode in 1 year when everyone qualifies for ESA. You should probably start taking some meds now to chill out.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Seems like your head will explode in 1 year when everyone qualifies for ESA. You should probably start taking some meds now to chill out.
What will happen is I will continue to highlite every closing and every closing will verify my prediction that rural school districts will feel the pain of Dim Kim's legislation.

You won't like it, but anyone with a brain saw this coming.

SW part of the State.

Rural districts will be desolving like crazy in the next five years and those kids will be riding a bus for 90 minutes to get to their new school.
And parents will be looking for daycare and babysitters as the need arises.

That ESA account won't cover those costs.
“Rural districts will be desolving like crazy…”

Are you also a victim of Dim Kim’s war on education?

LOL

Reactions: Pinehawk

How many students per grade is too few for a Democrat? Please give us a number.

What was/is the Democrat plan to drive job growth to small towns that are not commute distance to big cities? Maybe you can get Grassley on board with a rain forest biodome in Macksburg.

This isn’t about politics. It’s about the fact farms are getting bigger with less people doing it so less support jobs.

You can download a spreadsheet with certified enrollment by district that includes open enrollment in and out.
They have 108 kids total when you add and subtract open enrollment. So divide that by 13 (k-12) and you get 8.3 kids per grade. Now maybe I am doing something wrong but that doesn’t sound sustainable.

Last edited:
The amount of dip shit liberals on this board is astounding.

The number of moronic conservatives on this board is sad.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Usually they consolidate with another district, Orient-Macksburg's students will be taken in by nearby school districts.
Just asking a question but…..how “close” is the next nearest school district in scarcely populated SW Iowa? This is the REAL issue here. Kim’s gifting of tax money to private schools just speeds up this process of closing small school districts. Ironically, the small town school districts overwhelmingly support her and Republicans yet wail at the fact their small town communities are dying on the vine. They blame Culver, instead! ;)

Just asking a question but…..how “close” is the next nearest school district in scarcely populated SW Iowa? This is the REAL issue here. Kim’s gifting of tax money to private schools just speeds up this process of closing small school districts. Ironically, the small town school districts overwhelmingly support her and Republicans yet wail at the fact their small town communities are dying on the vine. They blame Culver, instead! ;)
I think the closest school districts would be Nodaway Valley, Winterset, East Union, and Creston.

How long if a bus ride? How far by car?
Not sure. I do know that current Iowa law restricts the amount of time students can ride the bus to 75 minutes for high school pupils or 60 minutes for elementary pupils.

Remote learning (or home schooling) is on the horizon for many of these students, it's just a matter of when, not if. Will they bitch about it even though there isn't a pandemic causing it?

These rural districts could use some supplemental funding in the meantime for their skyrocketing transportation costs. That private voucher money would sure be handy in contributing to that.

Not sure. I do know that current Iowa law restricts the amount of time students can ride the bus to 75 minutes for high school pupils or 60 minutes for elementary pupils.
Iowa winters….
But then, I bet there will be private schools popping up all over SW Iowa to take these closing schools place…. Just like Kim planned, right?

Yes, this is the first domino of small school districts closing.

Reactions: EagleHawk
Pine laughed so you know you nailed it on this topic.

Remote learning (or home schooling) is on the horizon for many of these students, it's just a matter of when, not if. Will they bitch about it even though there isn't a pandemic causing it?

These rural districts could use some supplemental funding in the meantime for their skyrocketing transportation costs. That private voucher money would sure be handy in contributing to that.
Again, "You're lucky you got 2%!" - Kim Reynolds to a small town superintendent.

She doesn't give a shit about public education in this state. She proves it over and over.

This isn’t a new thing.

How do I solve anything in a State controlled by Republicans?

I'll hang up and listen. The only thing I can do is vote against the GOP every two years.
Colfax/Mingo. Bondurant/Farrar, Etc…. I’ll hang up and listen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT