ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Showing Interest in NDSU Transfer, Grant Nelson

certainly looks like we have a chance.
OIP.hdOmuIChYBofR8do1ZD1vAHaEl

don't care if Iowa gets him or not as they have 4 players to rotate between the 4 and 5, in these
6'11 Mulvey
6'11 Freeman
6'9 Dembele
6'9 Patric

and if 6'9 Braun joins the team is a major upgrade of having just 2 last season that were healthy,
Don't forget Krikke. We should have a much deeper bench. Play as fast as they want and send in the next wave. If we got Brown and Anderson in football and McNamara and All there's a shot with Nelson. Just hoping can't hurt.

back to Nelson this is how feel about what he bring both good and bad.

the good a solid 6'11 scoring body in the paint, rebounder and physical presence in the middle.

the bad will he be a contributer or a selfish player just padding his stats to make him look more attractive to the NBA teams.

back to Nelson this is how feel about what he bring both good and bad.

the good a solid 6'11 scoring body in the paint, rebounder and physical presence in the middle.

the bad will he be a contributer or a selfish player just padding his stats to make him look more attractive to the NBA teams.
Fran is the one that dictate the minutes played, as he has his entire time at Iowa going back to Basabe, Woodbury, Gesell, White, Marble, Cook, Uthoff, Bohannan, Wieskamp, Garza, and the Murray twins and others.
Discounting the first three years of Fran at Iowa the lack of quality roster players have kept Iowa from reaching past the first week of the NCAA tournament and despite what some on here have said, the entire college basketball season is played to make the tournament and beyond.
Hopefully, this year Iowa will have a roster that allows them to make the NCAA tournament and reach past the first week even though some on here have already written them off as a non factor. I believe just the opposite...

• Love
Reactions: Bishop1971
Fran is the one that dictate the minutes played, as he has his entire time at Iowa going back to Basabe, Woodbury, Gesell, White, Marble, Cook, Uthoff, Bohannan, Wieskamp, Garza, and the Murray twins and others.
Discounting the first three years of Fran at Iowa the lack of quality roster players have kept Iowa from reaching past the first week of the NCAA tournament and despite what some on here have said, the entire college basketball season is played to make the tournament and beyond.
Hopefully, this year Iowa will have a roster that allows them to make the NCAA tournament and reach past the first week even though some on here have already written them off as a non factor. I believe just the opposite...
Majority of Fran's teams suck at defense thats what holds the Hawks back advancing in the Ncaa's, the question that needs answered is it coaching or lack of quality players.

In one article Nelson was listed as the 6th best player in the portal so I highly doubt, given Iowa's history, they have a shot at Nelson. Krikke was not in the top 30 listed.

• Sad
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
They have 4 big fish coming to Iowa this fall and 1 that was already here, just not through the portal. If Sandfort, Freeman, Harding, Dembele, and Nimmers were picked off the portal Iowa fans would be jumping for joy.

The incoming group, plus red shirt Nimmers, does look very, very good,.. but we are seldom in serious running for the highly sought after recruits..

the video shows his athletic ability and the coaches see him everyday in practice. as for why I did not include him is because he didn't play last season because RS'd can't play if you RS. that year let him put on some much needed muscle weight. just like Baer and even Moore under Davis surprised a lot of these so called talent scouts on these boards.
some times these coaches actually know more these so called/ self appointed experts.

the video shows his athletic ability and the coaches see him everyday in practice. as for why I did not include him is because he didn't play last season because RS'd can't play if you RS. that year let him put on some much needed muscle weight. just like Baer and even Moore under Davis surprised a lot of these so called talent scouts on these boards.
some times these coaches actually know more these so called/ self appointed experts.
Capitalization. Know it, love it, use it

Is Fran raving about him? I haven't seen that. Seems like the apologists are creating this narrative. I hope you guys are right because this team needs some talent. This isn't a good roster right now. Maybe some freshman step up but that's a lot to ask out of freshman.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Is Fran raving about him? I haven't seen that. Seems like the apologists are creating this narrative. I hope you guys are right because this team needs some talent. This isn't a good roster right now. Maybe some freshman step up but that's a lot to ask out of freshman.
keep saying that as you have already up your mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT