ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Showing Interest in NDSU Transfer, Grant Nelson

So that not cheating thing was holding Fran back the 14 years of head coaching prior to getting to Iowa? So many excuses for why a guy can't win in NCAA tourney,

Fran is a guy that avoided Jucos and Portal from Year 2 and beyond. His entire portal hall is Bakari, Rebracca, and Krikke.

Solid WOB

Reactions: Max_Rebo
His 1st year he got Carpenter, brought in Basabe from Siena and made a risky offer to an ex-con. Ever since then, he's been very conservative in his offers. He is loyal to the guys he recruits, didn't crean them, and plays upperclassmen and family first. I'm sure a lot of his fans feel proud that this is the right way. The results....decent B1G record, avoids turd years, but no special years.

& WTF is Carpenter?

& WTF is Carpenter?
Same thing as a Clemmons*, I am guessing.

Also, he forgot Trey Dickerson among the transfer players that Fran has brought in.

EDIT: I meant Cartwright, not Clemmons. Shout-out to @iahawks10 for his better memory and translation skills. 😉

Last edited:
So that not cheating thing was holding Fran back the 14 years of head coaching prior to getting to Iowa? So many excuses for why a guy can't win in NCAA tourney,

Fran is a guy that avoided Jucos and Portal from Year 2 and beyond. His entire portal hall is Bakari, Rebracca, and Krikke.

His 1st year he got Carpenter, brought in Basabe from Siena and made a risky offer to an ex-con. Ever since then, he's been very conservative in his offers. He is loyal to the guys he recruits, didn't crean them, and plays upperclassmen and family first. I'm sure a lot of his fans feel proud that this is the right way. The results....decent B1G record, avoids turd years, but no special years.

I'd let Fran go and sign up for 3 more years of LIckliter if I got 3 years of TJ afterwards. Average about the same as Fran but the good years are what is important from my pov.
I am guessing he didn't make the sweet 16 the 14 years before Iowa because he was coaching at Lehigh, UNC Greensboro, and Siena. Sure occasionally mid majors make the sweet 16 but I wouldn't really fault him for not making sweet 16 at those schools, he did however make the tournament with all 3 of them.

Same thing as a Clemmons, I am guessing.

Also, he forgot Trey Dickerson among the transfer players that Fran has brought in.

I speak Logic, having read his negativity for years now. Pretty sure Carpenter = Bryce Cartwright. I was just giving him shit. Carpenter and Cartwright is actually pretty close by Logic standards.
images

If you say Fran saw future POY's in Keegan Murray and Garza, yes that would be amazing for him to be able to project that....Fran certainly deserves lot of credit, but I doubt he could even of foresaw that.

On the other side of the coin, when guys are in the Portal like Nelson already have ton of schools and NIL money chasing them, that is obvious. Just the act of contacting a guy in Portal and then whiffing badly is not anything of note----anybody can do that.

If a entry level PG is getting $200K in portal, I think a guys on Iowa's current roster like Payton, Dix, Freeman could get $150K in the portal for 1 year. Pryce, Dimbele and Harding showed some potential but risky bets...so maybe $30K. Perkins is probably $250K. PMAC won't get any NIL money.

PMAC is looking at monthly $100 Dunkin gift card as NIL bait

Cartwright....my bad. You can't come up with a counterpoint to my message.

BTW 28 years of coaching with Fran not making a sweet16. You were so happy when it was only 27.

Not sure where you got I was happy, just correcting you, like I’m doing now. Seems to be a pattern with your posts.

What’s the point in countering someone who thinks Carpenter was one of Fran’s “portal halls”? 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT