6'11 Freeman
6'9 Krikke
6'9 Dembele
6'9 Braums
and yea even 6'11/7' Mulvey who in 49 minutes had
11 rebounds
1 TO
1 steal
5 blocks that = 1 block every 10 minutes playing.

so it makes for a very interesting season in store to watch what he does this fall.

techinally Mulvey is just a SO college age wise. sorry but 18-19 age makes no difference.

he will be just a JR while he should be just a SO.
Just a side note Mulvey is 2 months younger than Laketa and 3 months younger than Sandfort. His classmates at Iowa. He is age appropriate for the class he is in.
And yes I am aware of his reclass——-for perspective and since you go way back he is about 1 year and 3 months OLDER then Ronnie Lester was at this same point in time in their career.
The ‘same point’ refers to entering their junior year of basketball.

Facts, they are your friend. You should try them.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
part of that adj defense is rebounding
last year
6'8 Kris svg'd 7.9 rpg
6'9 Filip avg'd 7.5 rpg
6'9 Patrick avg'd 3.5 rpg
6'4 Perkins avg'd 4.1 rpg
6'7 Sanfort avg'd 4.1 rpg.

those made up the top rebounders last season

this year they add these for reboundingpurposes
6'11 Freeman
6'9 Krikke
6'9 Dembele
6'9 Braums
11 rebounds
1 TO
1 steal

so it makes for a very interesting season in store to watch what he does this fall.

techinally Mulvey is just a SO college age wise. sorry but 18-19 age makes no difference.

False. Mulvey turns 21 in Oct. like any other normal college aged junior.

Mulvey was also year older than most in HS class, age means nothing when it comes to playing sports. with sports its all about experience in playing time.
“techinally Mulvey is just a SO college age wise. sorry but 18-19 age makes no difference.”

So why did you type this? Which is factually incorrect. And Age actually does make a difference with sports. Especially for HS/college aged kids with growth and muscle development. but don’t let science get in the way of your ludicrous statement.

Lastly murray boys would disagree about 18/19 making no difference. Made a huge difference for late bloomers like them going for under recruited 18 yr 6’6” HS to 6’8-6’9 19 yr old prep school players.

Last edited:
“techinally Mulvey is just a SO college age wise. sorry but 18-19 age makes no difference.”

So why did you type this? Which is factually incorrect. And Age actually does make a difference with sports. Especially for HS/college aged kids with growth and muscle development. but don’t let science get in the way of your ludicrous statement.

Lastly murray boys would disagree about 18/19 making no difference. Made a huge difference for late bloomers like them going for under recruited 18 yr 6’6” HS to 6’8-6’9 19 yr old prep school players.
what a hypocrite, the Murray boys went to a prep school rather than college out of HS

Mulvey went straight to college a year early. big difference between the 2 examples.

what a hypocrite, the Murray boys went to a prep school rather than college out of HS

Mulvey went straight to college a year early. big difference between the 2 examples.
mulvey was a 18 yr old HS jr. He reclassified which but him at the normal age of 99% of his HS and college peers. How hard is it to understand that? He didn’t enter college a year age wise early.

mulvey was a 18 yr old HS jr. He reclassified which but him at the normal age of 99% of his HS and college peers. How hard is it to understand that? He didn’t enter college a year age wise early.
so when I graduated 4 months before my 19th birthday, age is just a number and nothing more,

just because he was 18 that does not mean that he was physically or mentally ready for college, but I suppose you went to college fully prepared at 16 so everybody just has to be fully dceveloped physically and mentally.

as far back as I can remember BIGS DEVELOP SLOWER than guards and wings.

but your such an amazing super human you were ready for anything when you got out of school.

so when I graduated 4 months before my 19th birthday, age is just a number and nothing more,

just because he was 18 that does not mean that he was physically or mentally ready for college, but I suppose you went to college fully prepared at 16 so everybody just has to be fully dceveloped physically and mentally.

as far back as I can remember BIGS DEVELOP SLOWER than guards and wings.

but your such an amazing super human you were ready for anything when you got out of
part of that adj defense is rebounding
last year
6'8 Kris svg'd 7.9 rpg
6'9 Filip avg'd 7.5 rpg
6'9 Patrick avg'd 3.5 rpg
6'4 Perkins avg'd 4.1 rpg
6'7 Sanfort avg'd 4.1 rpg.

those made up the top rebounders last season

this year they add these for reboundingpurposes
6'11 Freeman
6'9 Krikke
6'9 Dembele
6'9 Braums
11 rebounds
1 TO
1 steal

Mulvey was also year older than most in HS class, age means nothing when it comes to playing sports. with sports its all about experience in playing time.
Way to contradict your own arguments and move the goal post, lol.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Way to contradict your own arguments and move the goal post, lol.
didn't move any goal posts. he was just not ready for college ball just like the Murray's were not ready. my statement on the development of Bigs stands on its own, anybody that has coached BB knows and understand this simple expectation.

Olaseni is a perfect example
FR stats
18 games
5.0 mpg
1.4 ppg
1.2 rpg
4 steals
3 assists
9 TO's
8 blocks
12-13 season
SO stats
37 GP
10.7 mpg
2.7 ppg
2.6 rpg
8 assists
18 TO's
7 steals
36 blocks
Basabe led the team with 45 rebounds
Marble led the team in scoring with 15 ppg

JR season stats 13-14
33 games
16.7 mpg
6.5 ppg
4.9 rpg
14 assists
24 TO's
43 blocks

2014-15 stats
34 games
18.6 mpg
8.1 ppg
4.8 rpg
15 assists
38 TO's
10 steals
52 blocks.

he never did become a major scorer but he did improve has he got more experience, which is all I hope want from Mulvey.

there is realy help for those that expect/demand players to score 20 ppg to be a success,

Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

don't care if Iowa gets him or not as they have 4 players to rotate between the 4 and 5, in these
6'11 Mulvey
6'11 Freeman
6'9 Dembele
6'9 Patric

and if 6'9 Braun joins the team is a major upgrade of having just 2 last season that were healthy,
Maybe one of the worst posts in the history of this board. Not sure how many Karnack has in the top ten worst but this surely made the list

How many Sweet 16's did Iowa play in before NIL and the portal became a thing a couple of years ago? NIL (or lack thereof) has become the newest crutch for programs that can't compete at a high level.
Well, I don't believe he cheated like many teams did before NIL either. NIL is just out in the open. The same teams are still paying the most. It's just taxable now.

Reactions: Hans81
How many Sweet 16's did Iowa play in before NIL and the portal became a thing a couple of years ago? NIL (or lack thereof) has become the newest crutch for programs that can't compete at a high level.
Yeah, NIL or not, Fran's teams have had the same weaknesses that have prevented them from getting out of the NCAA 1st weekend.

Reactions: CarterHall
Fran still has a great eye for talent. Now, if he had the money to compete, I'd think Iowa would be a lot more successful.

If you say Fran saw future POY's in Keegan Murray and Garza, yes that would be amazing for him to be able to project that....Fran certainly deserves lot of credit, but I doubt he could even of foresaw that.

On the other side of the coin, when guys are in the Portal like Nelson already have ton of schools and NIL money chasing them, that is obvious. Just the act of contacting a guy in Portal and then whiffing badly is not anything of note----anybody can do that.

If a entry level PG is getting $200K in portal, I think a guys on Iowa's current roster like Payton, Dix, Freeman could get $150K in the portal for 1 year. Pryce, Dimbele and Harding showed some potential but risky bets...so maybe $30K. Perkins is probably $250K. PMAC won't get any NIL money.

If you say Fran saw future POY's in Keegan Murray and Garza, yes that would be amazing for him to be able to project that....Fran certainly deserves lot of credit, but I doubt he could even of foresaw that.

On the other side of the coin, when guys are in the Portal like Nelson already have ton of schools and NIL money chasing them, that is obvious. Just the act of contacting a guy in Portal and then whiffing badly is not anything of note----anybody can do that.

If a entry level PG is getting $200K in portal, I think a guys on Iowa's current roster like Payton, Dix, Freeman could get $150K in the portal for 1 year. Pryce, Dimbele and Harding showed some potential but risky bets...so maybe $30K. Perkins is probably $250K. PMAC won't get any NIL money.
I am really reaching the point that I do not give a fat rat's *** about collegiate sports any longer. The wild west/money grab is absurd and has destroyed collegiate sports IMO.

Well, I don't believe he cheated like many teams did before NIL either. NIL is just out in the open. The same teams are still paying the most. It's just taxable now.

So that not cheating thing was holding Fran back the 14 years of head coaching prior to getting to Iowa? So many excuses for why a guy can't win in NCAA tourney,

Fran is a guy that avoided Jucos and Portal from Year 2 and beyond. His entire portal hall is Bakari, Rebracca, and Krikke.

His 1st year he got Carpenter, brought in Basabe from Siena and made a risky offer to an ex-con. Ever since then, he's been very conservative in his offers. He is loyal to the guys he recruits, didn't crean them, and plays upperclassmen and family first. I'm sure a lot of his fans feel proud that this is the right way. The results....decent B1G record, avoids turd years, but no special years.

I'd let Fran go and sign up for 3 more years of LIckliter if I got 3 years of TJ afterwards. Average about the same as Fran but the good years are what is important from my pov.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Do we really know what recruiting damage was done with Fran having two sons on the team that were getting more playing time that was warranted. You should always be recruiting kids that are better than the ones that are on your current roster whether it is a freshman or an upperclassman. You can’t tell me Fran made an effort to do that with his children.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT