ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State might go 1-11

Their defense isn't too bad but their offense is terrible. They are kind of snake bitten. First, they lose 5 staarters to gambling. I heard 5 players had food poisoning and one was the QB. I don't know if that kept any others out.

Reactions: cmhawks99
The thing Pollard needs to worry about is apathy setting in with the fanbase.
Agreed. That's the downside of artifically building up a fan base with marketing and gimmicks. It has no real foundation. You can lose them just as easily as you captured them.

Iowa's fan base has more staying power...always has. Real tradition. Before you respond, take a look attendance numbers when Iowa's teams were dismal for 17 years. They still outdrew ISU, even when the clones had a good run under Earle Bruce.

Looking at ISU's remaining schedule...they might only have two chances at wins the rest of the season..Baylor and Okie State.
Baylor lost last week to some nobody and Okie State is getting pounded tonite by South Alabama
Yes, South Alabama!

I'd make some snarky comment about how far they've fallen, but they really didn't have that far to fall given where they are now.

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
That video of Lil Matty coming back to confront the frustrated fan proves Campball is toast.....
2 things:

1). The fan is an ISU fan who travelled all the way to bum*f_ck Athens, OH to watch his beloved Clones in that pathetic facility. He paid his $ and can speak his mind. Campbell shoulda let it go.

2). Why in the world would a big, bad P2 / P3 standard bearer from the Great Big12 Conference where the Best football is played, feel obliged to make that trek to Athens, OH??? Probably in search of an easy win vs his MAC brethren...to go along with the easy game vs UNI. Trying to pad the win total gonna leave a mark. I'd hate to be MC's dog when he gets home tonite.

2 things:

1). The fan is an ISU fan who travelled all the way to bum*f_ck Athens, OH to watch his beloved Clones in that pathetic facility. He paid his $ and can speak his mind. Campbell shoulda let it go.

2). Why in the world would a big, bad P2 / P3 standard bearer from the Great Big12 Conference where the Best football is played, feel obliged to make that trek to Athens, OH??? Probably in search of an easy win vs his MAC brethren...to go along with the easy game vs UNI. Trying to pad the win total gonna leave a mark. I'd hate to be MC's dog when he gets home tonite.
Campball is recruiting MAC level kids, so playing in Athens Ohio is actually a recruiting trip.

Can you imagine Matty coaching in the B1G or SEC if he can't handle that fan?

He's pathetic.

Looking at ISU's remaining schedule...they might only have two chances at wins the rest of the season..Baylor and Okie State.
Baylor lost last week to some nobody and Okie State is getting pounded tonite by South Alabama
Yes, South Alabama!

I'd make some snarky comment about how far they've fallen, but they really didn't have that far to fall given where they are now.
Read before start of the year if isu finishes 4-8 Campbell would be back to .500 for his career there. Where he is only the 2nd coach with winning record in the last 100 years there besides Earle bruce. At this point I’m not sure he gets 3 more wins.

Campball is recruiting MAC level kids, so playing in Athens Ohio is actually a recruiting trip.

Can you imagine Matty coaching in the B1G or SEC if he can't handle that fan?

He's pathetic.

They have issues and you are correct they may only win a couple more games and I’ve been somewhat defensive of them… Not because I really like them that much but they don’t bother me, remember, I live out of state LOL

The kind of comments on Twitter I saw above are the kind that irritate me… For example, Iowa State routinely tries to pretend like they have as much talent as Iowa and yet they have 11 players in the NFL and we have 29 (seven on scout teams) right @Franisdaman Lol

But much like Iowa they have shown a Talent for identifying, defensive players. They are pretty good on that side of the ball and some of those kids will make it onto the NFL, but unlike Iowa they’re not good “enough” on D or on special teams and/or opportunistic like Iowa is…

Oddly enough, piss poor offense, or not Kirk Ferentz has always found ways to win games, and they do not!!

We also, piss, poor offense, or not, mostly take care of the ball unless it’s Purdue or Northwestern lol

from 8 days ago.

Clown U is ascending, they say.

Love how clone fans always cherry pick from 98’ on for series record. Because it’s closest they can get and still have a losing record. Forget it is 4 out of last 5, 8 of 10 etc. but to them they just ignore anything prior to 98’ and the 15 game win streak.

Their defense isn't too bad but their offense is terrible. They are kind of snake bitten. First, they lose 5 staarters to gambling. I heard 5 players had food poisoning and one was the QB. I don't know if that kept any others out.
If the supposed 4* kid from Ankeny is such a stud...why aren't they playing him?

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
If the supposed 4* kid from Ankeny is such a stud...why aren't they playing him?
Kohl is a true freshman and a VERY long way from being a good college QB.
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that either he or the current starter will be playing somewhere else in two years.

When Lil Matty's buyout drops a bit more, Pollard will be forced to move on because ticket sales and donations will suffer because the product on the field is so hideous.

I watched the majority of the ISU game. Wow. That was a bad loss. BAD loss. Offense was non existent. Team looked flat. Might be a 5-win team …

I was on record for 7–5-ish, but honestly they’re going to struggle. It’s not that the big 12 is all that great but man alive.

Of the teams left on their schedule starting next week, Okie State is not very good.

Oklahoma of course is pretty solid!!

I still don’t think TCU is anywhere near the level of last year and it is at home… But on paper they’re better! Meaning TCU…

I also don’t think Cinncy is terrific, but it is in Cincinnati and still better!

Baylor isn’t very good, but it’s at Baylor.

Kansas still doesn’t play particularly great defense, but they’re better than Iowa State and have way more offensive fire power.

At BYU is a loss…

I’m not sold on Texas at all, and I can honestly see them rat assing out a game versus them at Jack Trice as long as their defense doesn’t go into a major major tailspin because the offense is so bad… No, I’m not saying they’re better than Texas, but I’m saying, I don’t think Texas is near as good as their ranking, at least yet. Nor do I think Steve Sarkisian is all that great of Coach and that’s the kind of game Iowa State has uglied out a win before🤷‍♂️ however they could have mailed it in by then 🤪

And Kansas state is another team that I think is going to go backwards this year, but that is a wild game always anyway and it is at Kansas State and Kansas state is better…

So you’re talking what two more wins maybe three… Maybe, maybe?

You just said you like them a few days ago in the hot seat thread but I guess there's no need to prop up iowa's ugly win over them now

First, I think you should review everything I’ve said, in it’s totality…… over the years, I’ve said anything from I don’t mind Iowa State, they don’t bother me too much, I kind of like them, especially their B-ball team and I’ve mentioned many times over the years, and multiple times this year. I don’t live in the state so I don’t have to deal with their bullshit.

So I addressed your concerns, here are mine why in the hell are you an Iowa fan at all. You are bitter as hell… And I’m being serious?

Quit trying to catch me in a trap. It is absolutely asinine because I know damn good and well what I’ve said and it isn’t even close to being of any importance whatsoever. I’ve never cheered for Iowa State on this board. I’ve never said wow I really love Iowa State and here’s what I also haven’t done constantly… over and over, bitched about my own team… I think you should probably address your own issues?

I am super Glad I have never had to sit in a stadium with you in high school, college, peewee, whatever, and listen to you bitch about coaches all the time!

Because I know damn good and well you’re doing it on the local level just like you are with Iowa!

Holy shit dude…. Look I’m sorry, I know I’ve gone out of my way to run you up the flagpole a few times. And I get that you’d like to point out some huge failings in my rhetoric to make yourself feel better… Let’s just do this. I apologize and you avoid anything I have to say?

Capeesh?

And before you critique my spelling of capisce , capiche, or capische… they are all acceptable spellings!

Anything else or are we done here?

The fact that ISU is so bad is really rough for a lot of reasons.

1. The Big 12 is really bad this year. They could get a lot of wins even with a mediocre team.
2. With the league changing so much you really don't want to start out on the wrong foot.

Both things happening. ISU's offense is so bad it's hard to put in to words.

1. The Big 12 is really bad this year. They could get a lot of wins even with a mediocre team.
2. With the league changing so much you really don't want to start out on the wrong foot.

Lost 4 or 5 starters. I am not sure what people would have expected.

To be fair, we really don’t know yet? And listen, I have to be careful even talking to you let alone defending you or @blhawk and a myriad of others will be along to break down what I have said my whole life 😂

With that said, with a new day, comes new perspective. Yes it was an ugly loss, to a supposedly lessor team and yes there are significant offensive issues….sounds familiar 🤔…LOL

But while breaking down box scores and what is happening in college football, this morning. They are 3-1! They lost @ San Diego St, who at 1st blush I thought was down this year (For those that don't know SDSU has had 11 straight winning seasons with a 4-4 Covid year mixed in) two 9 win seasons, two 10, two 11 & one 12.

After SDSU struggled to beat Idaho State 36-28 and then followed that up by the Utah state team we played beating Idaho state, 78–28 I made a decision they, SDSU & by proxy, Ohio, weren’t as good as they have been..

Seen how dangerous and even stupid that is Iowa fans?!

Point being Mr. Bryce, or do you prefer ISU (sorry I’m goofy this AM) anywhoooo…

The point is this….SDSU beat Ohio out there, 20-13, and then went on to play highly competitive games versus ranked UCLA and Oregon State. They’re still a solid team and I’m beginning to think Ohio is actually pretty good.

They’ve got a big quarterback, who’s pretty good and has been there 600 years, they play fantastic defense, and it really was kind of a stupid game for Iowa State to even be in, though I realize that schedule was set up a long time ago!

Iowa has lost plenty of early season games in years gone by and looked piss poor doing it to “supposedly” inferior teams. Some of them being you guys we your weren’t good and still went on to solid seasons!

You have to hope the coaches keep the D motivated and find some semblance of something on Offense?

What’s the deal with Kohl, he played vs UNI, why not now?

Also, they held Ohio to 247 yds, that’s a winning number. O’Rourke will get an NFL drat look.

They have to win vs OKIE St next week..,

The optics on the Campbell thing didn’t look great for sure.

Still a lot of football left and although many of our fans and yours too, want to slide everyone into their season end slots now…

I haven’t seen even ONE dominant team yet.

The thing Pollard needs to worry about is apathy setting in with the fanbase. That's where I'm at. Not even mad they lost. Turned off the TV and did a couple of things around the house. I think it may be time for a change, but I'm not gonna get on the "Fire Campbell" train. Who is ISU gonna get that is better? At the same time, if the losses pile up, and attendance dwindles, Pollard may have to pull the trigger.

NOT AN EXCUSE, but the gambling crap has had an impact. Good riddance to those players, but when you lose 5 starters, you will struggle. Also NOT an excuse, but it sounds like food poisoning was an issue today. That's why you have 85 guys on scholarship - get someone else in there. No reason to lose to a MAC team, but Ohio played well and deserved to win.

My declining interest (and now my apathy) is rooted in the gambling issue. Not gonna get too wrapped up in a game played by 18-22 year old "kids". Nice to win, and will always support my school + teams, but not gonna get upset when they lose....even to Iowa 😄

I may not go to a game this year in Ames. If there enough people out there like me, Pollard has a problem.
Fans will be apathetic due to similar results with the history of Iowa State football? The AD is a big part of the problem, yet is revered.
One would think all of the "great recruiting classes" would be able to cover up losing players.

Fans will be apathetic due to similar results with the history of Iowa State football? The AD is a big part of the problem, yet is revered.
One would think all of the "great recruiting classes" would be able to cover up losing players.

Why would one think that? Have you ever read this board?

No, I guess you probably haven’t because you’re one of the ones always perpetuating how awful everything is…

Here’s a couple things apparently, you don’t know…

Iowa State fans are other people, most of which have come out of the state of Iowa who are all very similar…

Externally & to Iowa fans the recruiting is great but internally they have a shit ton of fans just like you who are always complaining the recruiting isn’t good enough…

Externally to Iowa fans, they have a great AD, but in reality there are a lot of them that don’t like him…

Guess what they too have a bad coach. One that led them to their only, EVER five straight years of winning seasons… And of course they want to get rid of him just like you do here.!!

Apathetic….LOL, that’s rich, guys like your are always saying Iowa is becoming apathetic…

It’s funny watching both fan bases. If you were an ISU fan you’d be just as shitty as you are here. It’s your lot in life…

“Fans” are the problem with sports. They make them unenjoyable.

PS…I don’t like Jamie Pollard and I don’t want him as AD. But he has done a fantastic job over there!

Pollard has been good at spending revenue to update facilities.

His overall coaching hires...not so much.

Kinda funny that Campball has so much cred without ever winning 10 games or a conference title. Likely part of the reason he didn't leave when he had a chance...no pressure to win and low expectations.
He makes good $$$ for Ames Iowa.

Why would one think that? Have you ever read this board?

No, I guess you probably haven’t because you’re one of the ones always perpetuating how awful everything is…

Here’s a couple things apparently, you don’t know…

Iowa State fans are other people, most of which have come out of the state of Iowa who are all very similar…

Externally & to Iowa fans the recruiting is great but internally they have a shit ton of fans just like you who are always complaining the recruiting isn’t good enough…

Externally to Iowa fans, they have a great AD, but in reality there are a lot of them that don’t like him…

Guess what they too have a bad coach. One that led them to their only, EVER five straight years of winning seasons… And of course they want to get rid of him just like you do here.!!

Apathetic….LOL, that’s rich, guys like your are always saying Iowa is becoming apathetic…

It’s funny watching both fan bases. If you were an ISU fan you’d be just as shitty as you are here. It’s your lot in life…

“Fans” are the problem with sports. They make them unenjoyable.

PS…I don’t like Jamie Pollard and I don’t want him as AD. But he has done a fantastic job over there!
What are you talking about?
Ferentz has done a great job at Iowa and recruits at a good level and identifies players that fit the system. The subpar offense is the issue.
Interesting that you make statements about someone based on a football message board. Tells us what type of person you are.

Are you upset that I called you out for things you post are not correct? whine away

Pollard has been good at spending revenue to update facilities.

His overall coaching hires...not so much.

Kinda funny that Campball has so much cred without ever winning 10 games or a conference title. Likely part of the reason he didn't leave when he had a chance...no pressure to win and low expectations.
He makes good $$$ for Ames Iowa.
Maybe, the facilities are better, has a program that admits that it is better to play at Ohio due to financial reasons, doesn't want to pay 2 years in a row. Is competing with the ISU collective as well for revenue, they are in a tough situation. Basically said that they cannot pay Ohio to come because he would have to raise ticket prices. Just feel that Pollard has said a lot of things over the years that Barta or the new AD would not say.
Campbell was a good hire, should keep him as the Big 12 transitions.

Campbell’s job is going to get a lot easier once Texas and OU leave and they bring in the PAC 12 dregs. Make no mistake, Coach Prime won’t be in Boulder three years from now and CU will fall off the radar again.

What are you talking about?
Ferentz has done a great job at Iowa and recruits at a good level and identifies players that fit the system. The subpar offense is the issue.
Interesting that you make statements about someone based on a football message board. Tells us what type of person you are.

Are you upset that I called you out for things you post are not correct? whine away

Show me ONE thing you corrected me on that was wrong….there aren’t any by the way…LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT