lost gen - dead
greatest gen - likely dead
silent gen - dying
boomers - won't die
gen x - claim they're living
millenials - want to die
zoomers - living
alpha - just born
guess I've heard of most of those but still don't know the age demographics or why it's important. Looks like I'm maybe Gen X.

Reactions: millah_22
The TikTok shit was bad enough, now the campus protests? They don’t even know what they’re protesting. Like I’ve said, the day is coming when we are going to have a kinetic war (possibly on US soil) and these kids are going to be fighting it. We are ****ed. That day is much closer than anyone wants to admit. The world (statistically) is due for a massive war.
Could you imagine if we ever had a draft for 18 year olds to go to war.
Do you think TikTok would take down the videos of the kids videoing themselves while getting blow away at war?

So people protesting the killing of civilians are terrible? I don’t understand.
On Okinawa about 90,000 Japanese combatants and an estimated 150,000 civilians were killed.

Should FDR have granted the Emperor of Japan a ceasefire at this point and called it good?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Well...then it must be true for every single person. I stand corrected. The power of a single personal anecdote has left me with no ground upon which to stand.
There was 10,000s of us in the AF, Navy, Marines, Army and then those that were drafted were only Army. I rest my case.

Could you imagine if we ever had a draft for 18 year olds to go to war.
Do you think TikTok would take down the videos of the kids videoing themselves while getting blow away at war?
Why would they? There are countless videos of the Israeli/Russian armies blowing shit up and posting it online.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Why? Many of the kids who fought in Vietnam were protestors. Either before or after.
And those protests changed policy.
So you believe the Vietnam protesters were the military men and women? What about all the protesters who treated the military poorly?

So you believe the Vietnam protesters were the military men and women? What about all the protesters who treated the military poorly?
Yes, I believe that some protestors were drafted. I believe that some people who got drafted were later protestors.
It seems unlikely that people who treated returning military poorly were formerly draftees themselves, but I don't believe that there's data on that.

Yes, I believe that some protestors were drafted. I believe that some people who got drafted were later protestors.
It seems unlikely that people who treated returning military poorly were formerly draftees themselves, but I don't believe that there's data on that.
Sure they maybe were "some" but when you compare these protesters to our military men and women from the Vietnam war, you are totally out of line. What percentage of Vietnam Vets do you believe are on the side of these protesters? I'll give you 2% and that's because I'm generous.

The TikTok shit was bad enough, now the campus protests? They don’t even know what they’re protesting. Like I’ve said, the day is coming when we are going to have a kinetic war (possibly on US soil) and these kids are going to be fighting it. We are ****ed. That day is much closer than anyone wants to admit. The world (statistically) is due for a massive war.
Stay off OP's lawn.
Cinema Escribir GIF

Reactions: BlIIlken2 and Moral
Really? They seem to have demands of their universities that are very straightforward.
You think the kids that fought in vietnam were more ready and willing to fight?
I'm also guessing that most of these dolts aren't even students. Stupid cause

Kids are stupid and like to protest stuff to feel like they are important or changing something. That happens with all generations.

A bunch of stupid kids acting like stupid kids can't at this point surpass a generation that has held all of the wealth and power in this country for 40+ years and been completely unwilling to do their part politically to secure the futures of their offspring.

Silent Generation and Greatest Generation not only funded and won World War 2 and got us through the great depression but also funded the greatest infrastructure projects in American history. The whole Interstate highway system was funded by them.

The boomers watched that infrastructure built and paid for by the silent generation and the greatest generation go to shit in favor of tax cuts, tax cuts and even more tax cuts.

Then just recently as most of the boomers were retired the ones in power finally decided to do something about infrastructure and voted to make Gen X and Millennials pay for it.

Interesting tidbit: 30% of Gen Z identify as LGBTQ...far higher than previous generations.

We have had this conversation..

In your article itself it says it's numbers are far outside any other study presented and in general studies find the number to be 5-7%.

You have been explained this by multiple posters.

Kids are stupid and like to protest stuff to feel like they are important or changing something. That happens with all generations.

A bunch of stupid kids acting like stupid kids can't at this point surpass a generation that has held all of the wealth and power in this country for 40+ years and been completely unwilling to do their part politically to secure the futures of their offspring.

Silent Generation and Greatest Generation not only funded and won World War 2 and got us through the great depression but also funded the greatest infrastructure projects in American history. The whole Interstate highway system was funded by them.

The boomers watched that infrastructure built and paid for by the silent generation and the greatest generation go to shit in favor of tax cuts, tax cuts and even more tax cuts.

Then just recently as most of the boomers were retired the ones in power finally decided to do something about infrastructure and voted to make Gen X and Millennials pay for it.

You really should see psychiatrist.

I have no idea what that means but I'm glad you're resting.
It means we joined the service on our own, didn't get drafted. I received my draft notice while in the AF boot camp. And very few of the nam vets took the time to protest when we got back to the world.. The protesters were the college kids afraid they would get drafted, as the draft numbers were getting to the lower end..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT