ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Storms Tuesday July 2 2024

keri-russell-wet-tshirt-on-sprinklers-k91idri46rmbr6id.gif

Some parts of KC got 7'' of rain yesterday morning in about four hours. Could get another 2-4'' between tonight and Thursday. It's feast or famine down here.

• Wow
Reactions: Moral
I think it is raining in Bobby Bonilla's living room as if I recall correctly he just got his annual $1 million dollar payment from the Mets. Still have 11 more payments after this year.

Best sports contract ever.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Its nice and cool outside, but too sticky. Kind of like OP's mom.
When it's hot and sticky,
Ain't no time for dunk'in dicky.
But when it's fall and the dew is on the pumpkin,
That's the time for dicky dunk'in...

If I can't get the seed around the flag pole to grow after this, I'm burning the entire city down. (or at least kick dirt)
You spread your seed around the flagpole? I'll never question your patriotism...

Fixin' to have our fifth "100-year flood" in the last 15 yeaars here in Davenport.

Good thing climate change is a hoax or things could REALLY get bad!
A 100-year flood is a flood event that has on average a 1 in 100 chance (1% probability) of being equaled or exceeded in any given year.[1]

Probability​

A common misunderstanding is that a 100-year flood is likely to occur only once in a 100-year period. In fact, there is approximately a 63.4% chance of one or more 100-year floods occurring in any 100-year period. On the Danube River at Passau, Germany, the actual intervals between 100-year floods during 1501 to 2013 ranged from 37 to 192 years.[6] The probability Pe that one or more floods occurring during any period will exceed a given flood threshold can be expressed, using the binomial distribution, as

𝑃𝑒=1−[1−(1𝑇)]𝑛
{\displaystyle P_{e}=1-\left[1-\left({\frac {1}{T}}\right)\right]^{n}}

where T is the threshold return period (e.g. 100-yr, 50-yr, 25-yr, and so forth), and n is the number of years in the period. The probability of exceedance Pe is also described as the natural, inherent, or hydrologic risk of failure.[7][8] However, the expected value of the number of 100-year floods occurring in any 100-year period is 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT