ADVERTISEMENT

In Minnesota, it simply won't stop raining

I for one enjoyed my European vacation, and continue to enjoy my SUVs and pool. Not a “lib” though, but probably am in your eyes.
That’s great. I don’t care. I do care when people are super hypocritical about it. Like many here.

It’s like church pastors going nuts on gay people then getting caught being gay. It’s like their form of denial.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
That’s great. I don’t care. I do care when people are super hypocritical about it. Like many here.

It’s like church pastors going nuts on gay people then getting caught being gay. It’s like their form of denial.
I agree, there does seem to be a lot of hypocrisy on this board when it comes to the environment. With that said, at least the hypocrites know there is a problem and are taking some steps to lessen their carbon footprint, whereas the deniers just keep doing what they’re doing not caring at all about their affects on the environment. I’d rather have the hypocrisy than the stupidity.

Reactions: torbee
Davenport cancelled fireworks

Thanks a lot Minnesota

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

You act like the libs don’t destroy the environment. I would say they destroy it more.

Or maybe everybody at the airport, cruise ship, lake, or new housing development is a MAGA. But since the rich suburbs overwhelmingly vote Dem I doubt it.
It's like you guys try all kinds of gymnastics to purposely MISS the point. No shit everybody is responsible...for over a century.

No, what it's going to take is closer to half the global human population becoming cave dwellers, and the other half offing themselves,.. Won't happen.
You're pro doing nothing about mass shootings in schools, too, aren't you?

Let's start with properly locked exit doors,.. unlike Uvalde.
Are you saying they didn't have properly locked doors or that they weren't properly locked? If it's the latter, what do you do to prevent them from being unlocked improperly?

Is that it? Is that your only suggestion?

• Love
Reactions: Tom Paris
Des Moines River in Boone County is going to reach 3rd highest crest ever to include 1993.

The DSM River rose 3’ overnight Sunday in Boone County, and is projected by the National Weather Service to crest at 25.9’ on Thursday morning and remain there for roughly 24 hours. This level would be the third highest on record.
2010 = 28.4’
2008 = 27.3’
2024 = 25.9’ projected
1993 = 25.6’
Many remember and were traumatized by the Flood of ’93 due to widespread damage far and away from the river. This was caused by heavy rains falling locally as opposed to upstream. However, the river itself did flood to the point where Highway 30 west of Boone was closed. The same happened in 2010 and 2008.
As such, travelers should prepare for Highway 30 to close later this week. The DOT is working on an official detour route, likely to include travel on County Road E57. The Old Highway 30/216th Drive bridge does not have a history of being closed during these events.
With this being primarily a river flooding event, road closures and potential property damage should be localized to low-lying river areas. Emergency Management and the Sheriff’s Office are working to identify and directly communicate these dangers to affected residents.
The Y-Camp northwest of Boone is also at risk and sandbags are being sought from Homeland Security, the DNR and other agencies. If secured, there may be an opportunity for the public to volunteer in filling and placing sandbags around important camp facilities. Be on the alert for these opportunities to assist.
Road barricades are being delivered by Secondary Roads crews to be on standby at anticipated road flooding locations.
Damage to roads is likely to occur. If issued for Boone County, a Presidential Disaster Declaration would potentially assist with the repair costs. Property owners may also have resources made available through a disaster declaration.
Public water supplies also face potential risks, with the City of Boone and City of Ogden water treatment facilities located adjacent to low-lying river areas. Pay attention for official communications should their facilities be impacted.

Reactions: billanole
China is continuing to build many massive coal plants…they are not following the Paris Climate Agreement. Also, developing 3rd world countries don’t have the resources to devote to climate issues. It’s great that the U.S. wants to be a world leader on this topic, but what we’re doing (at a very expensive price) is kind of like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

China is continuing to build many massive coal plants…they are not following the Paris Climate Agreement. Also, developing 3rd world countries don’t have the resources to devote to climate issues. It’s great that the U.S. wants to be a world leader on this topic, but what we’re doing (at a very expensive price) is kind of like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The US has created MOST of the problem; finger-pointing at everyone else, who have emitted half (at most) and a tiny fraction of what we have since the onset of the Industrial Age is quite literally the opposite of "personal responsibility"....

We're quickly approaching insurance carriers all going bankrupt and some property owners will still deny there's an issue.
Some of the smaller carriers may indeed go out of business, but the bigger insurance companies will survive.

Just FYI…out of nowhere it started pouring in Vegas today nothing but a few white clouds in the sky…huge rain drops.

Don’t fret…even while it was pouring…the ground was drying faster than the water could hit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT