ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Transfer Portal Players

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Those finding a home have moved on to MAC schools and Utah State. Vines still hasn't found a landing spot. I question whether we really lost much.

Last edited:
I think he he would have been a big part of the DT rotation. 3rd or 4th guy, he was the most disappointing to see leave.
Makes you wonder. If he was good enough to be playing for Iowa DL next year, why would you go to Western Michigan? I’d think someone would have taken a chance on him if he’s good enough for Iowa who has a great defense..

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Lot of people in here would have been these players' biggest fans when they were suiting up for Iowa. Sad how things change.

Not sure what is funny Bierhalter, I wanted him to stay at Iowa I thought he was going to be great my question is why settle for Western Michigan MAC school when you were good enough to play at Iowa..

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Makes you wonder. If he was good enough to be playing for Iowa DL next year, why would you go to Western Michigan? I’d think someone would have taken a chance on him if he’s good enough for Iowa who has a great defense..
I think that second unit will be ok. Pittman and Gafney. Maybe Borderching Johnson and Brackney are ready to take some snaps.

Reactions: chaneccooms
I question the recruitment of these guys if the best they can do besides Iowa are Group of 5 level schools.
If they want a better opportunity of starting next season, it most likely would be outside of the P5. Their P5 options likely would be similar to their roles at Iowa.

I question the recruitment of these guys if the best they can do besides Iowa are Group of 5 level schools.
There might be some truth to that, but I think it’s a bit unfair. Teams recruit way more players than will ever play. Those that transfer because of lack of playing time have a much better chance of playing time at a lower level.

There’s gonna have to be.
It seemed like Seth sort of thought maybe a linebacker might depart because all 3 guys came back. I guess you play it out in spring and then pull the chute if not in 2 deeps at the end. I am sure they have a very open honest convo among all the position groups at end of spring ball.

Reactions: chaneccooms
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT