ADVERTISEMENT

"Iowa Values" Union County style!

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
If I was an adult in Creston/Union County, I would sure be proud of how well our youth are behaving.
Absolutely friggin' stupid kids! Nice job. Unless the children were "methed up" ( another small town Ioway value), I can see no excuse for this racist and immature behavior. Seems to me some parents need to be attending some parenting skills classes because these adults sure as hell failed raising their own.

Reactions: Herkmeister
I would bet they were being "pranksters" obviously immature and thought maybe they would ruffle a few feathers. I dont think they thought it would go this far but news like this is what this country thrives on

Reactions: Hawk in SEC Country
I would bet they were being "pranksters" obviously immature and thought maybe they would ruffle a few feathers. I dont think they thought it would go this far but news like this is what this country thrives on

This

It is only news because people love to eat it up and it adds to their fake outrage. Teenagers make dumb decisions sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with Creston, Iowa. You people are unbelievable. This as a VERY distasteful circumstance by these individuals. Obviously kids being dumb.

Reactions: tstalker4
If I was an adult in Creston/Union County, I would sure be proud of how well our youth are behaving.
Absolutely friggin' stupid kids! Nice job. Unless the children were "methed up" ( another small town Ioway value), I can see no excuse for this racist and immature behavior. Seems to me some parents need to be attending some parenting skills classes because these adults sure as hell failed raising their own.

I applaud this post. I also FULLY EXPECT that you will call out the lack of parenting in many other cases where youth in this country (both urban and rural youth) get caught doing racist things. If you'd like me to post a lot of those actions for you, it will be my pleasure when you call out the parenting, and of course, the kids for their actions. I am glad the double standards are being thrown out, this is progress for sure.

These kids should have been ridiculed/punished appropriately (and given a history lesson), and then it should have been put to bed.

Instead, we show a whole bunch of other numb-nuts how to get on TV...

If those kids play another FB game on the road this year...oh boy (That's exactly the kind of justice that'll fix 'em).

Gee, I sure hope your children are perfect and without fault so they don't cause your entire community to fail at raising them.

Creston has some problems (drugs, poverty, and yes, racism) but it's hardly any worse than other small towns and certain neighborhoods in larger communities. There is also lots of positive, good things about Creston. These kids took a horrible, hateful photo and will suffer the consequences. I hope it was a stupid kid thing and not deep seeded racism. But, to blame the community is ignorant and without knowing the parents you have no right to judge them. I guarantee you most these kids were not taught hate at home.

Reactions: hexumhawk
These kids should have been ridiculed/punished appropriately (and given a history lesson), and then it should have been put to bed.

Instead, we show a whole bunch of other numb-nuts how to get on TV...

If those kids play another FB game on the road this year...oh boy (That's exactly the kind of justice that'll fix 'em).
They got kicked off

Parents too busy electing republicans.

There is nothing wrong with Creston, Iowa. You people are unbelievable. This as a VERY distasteful circumstance by these individuals. Obviously kids being dumb.

Kids being dumb, sure, but why do they think this is funny? If they went to a school where half the students were racial minorities, would they still behave like this? I would assume/hope there would be interracial friendships.

I grew up in small town Iowa. Out of a class of around 200, there were probably around five students who weren't white. I heard racial slurs all the time from kids who thought it was funny and cool. One boss I had at my job actually told me he knew which black guys he could hire and which ones to avoid. He said it kind of jokingly, but the point remains that all the little things we see as jokes end up actually affecting how we operate and can manifest as actual racism.

Just look at the "USA" chant that DC-Grimes did against Perry last year. Nothing wrong with the chant in and of itself, but the message they were sending was clear. They may have seen it as a joke, but it was actually racism in action, just like what these kids in Creston did.

What's the line between a racist community, and just five kids doing "play" things like burning crosses and hanging raccoons?

If I'm a minority family looking for a place to live, shouldn't I be notified of what these kids were doing?

Kind of like registering as a sex offender isn't it? Isn't the point to let people know what they SHOULD know about a neighborhood?

"Gee, Honey, this Creston, Iowa has a nice ring to the name. I suppose our five year old, and eight year old, kids will have a good time in a town like Creston and make a lot of friends!"

Hmmmmmmmm?

Nah, I think these kids should be arrested for hate crimes, the older ones tried as adults, all of 'em serve about one million hours of community service, and Creston should make damn sure they show how serious they are about NOT allowing this kind of behavior.

The damn little domestic terrorists and their pictures..which sure as hell would scare me away from raising my kids there.

This is too serious to excuse away as kids at play....far too serious.

Reactions: Rudolph
Those 5 kids need to do some 'splaining of their behavior. Like all good klansmen, they did their work behind a mask. Cowardly little assholes, these kids are. If one was mine, he'd be looking for a place to live and a public apology would be made.
As a parent, I would be humiliated at my apparent failure as an adult.

Gee, I sure hope your children are perfect and without fault so they don't cause your entire community to fail at raising them.

Creston has some problems (drugs, poverty, and yes, racism) but it's hardly any worse than other small towns and certain neighborhoods in larger communities. There is also lots of positive, good things about Creston. These kids took a horrible, hateful photo and will suffer the consequences. I hope it was a stupid kid thing and not deep seeded racism. But, to blame the community is ignorant and without knowing the parents you have no right to judge them. I guarantee you most these kids were not taught hate at home.

My kids certainly never walked around espousing racism and embarrassing themselves and their family in such a manner. So tstalker, in that regard, I guess my kids were perfect. I guess running around in a sheet making an ass of yourself and your loved ones is preferable to murdering someone.

Kids being dumb, sure, but why do they think this is funny? If they went to a school where half the students were racial minorities, would they still behave like this? I would assume/hope there would be interracial friendships.

I grew up in small town Iowa. Out of a class of around 200, there were probably around five students who weren't white. I heard racial slurs all the time from kids who thought it was funny and cool. One boss I had at my job actually told me he knew which black guys he could hire and which ones to avoid. He said it kind of jokingly, but the point remains that all the little things we see as jokes end up actually affecting how we operate and can manifest as actual racism.

Just look at the "USA" chant that DC-Grimes did against Perry last year. Nothing wrong with the chant in and of itself, but the message they were sending was clear. They may have seen it as a joke, but it was actually racism in action, just like what these kids in Creston did.

Why do they think it's funny? For the same reason white kids talk and act like they grew up in South Central......calling each other "Nigga", and throwing gang signs.
Mainly, because kids are stupid and don't think about the ramifications of their actions.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Im sorry Hawk, I just dont think you and I will ever see eye to eye on anything. I think racism is pretty serious shit...and you don't. So, I guess in your book that makes me stupid.

I'm going to shock you. Racism IS important. I've actually organized and marched against the Aryan Nations when I lived in Washington State. So when i see this.....I see kids being idiots........I've actually seen and been nose to nose with real Klansmen and Neo Nazis.........

Stupid Joel sits in an above ground pool and slot machines, posting his same tired crap. Go do something productive, you old waste of space.

Please note: A "hate crime" is only an add-on to a base charge. These fools committed no base crime.

Fine. Fighting words. Inciting violence.

I'm tired already of finding reasons to allow white supremacists to take advantage of this countries freedom when they want to take it away. Public nuisance. Whatever it takes.

My kids certainly never walked around espousing racism and embarrassing themselves and their family in such a manner. So tstalker, in that regard, I guess my kids were perfect. I guess running around in a sheet making an ass of yourself and your loved ones is preferable to murdering someone.
Neither do mine, but your blaming an entire community because of the behavior of a few? And a murder comparison? Stay on task.

By all means let's use a geographic boundary to label an entire group of people based of the actions of a few idiots.

Maybe you missed it but that is what politics in America is all about now. All Rs are racist and all ads are antifa cop killers...thanks a lot Trump and Obama.

Neither do mine, but your blaming an entire community because of the behavior of a few? And a murder comparison? Stay on task.
The community has to accept some responsibility here. It has to be understood by all, somethings just are not funny in any situation. This is certaibly one of them.
I understand "freedom of speech" better than most here.....but there are certain aspects of this freedom that are just not acceptable in any situation.

The community has to accept some responsibility here. It has to be understood by all, somethings just are not funny in any situation. This is certaibly one of them.
I understand "freedom of speech" better than most here.....but there are certain aspects of this freedom that are just not acceptable in any situation.

You aren't making any sense. Where did this freedom of speech thing come from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT