ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA vrs ISU opening line as of Sunday mornig

This is an opinion board my friend.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

Reactions: shudaddy
You’re right there was a second game.

They have not been a thorn in our sides. One loss since 2014. If they have been a thorn in our side, then so has Nebraska. The Huskers have kept is a lot closer.

They have really been a thorn in our side. In the last decade, they won a game, and two others were wins by less than a TD.

If everybody was a “thorn in Iowa’s side,” they would have about three playoff appearances. I’m just being realistic.
Neither the clones or Debby has been a thorn, or anything else, in our side. One or two wins in the last decade isn't much of a thorn. If our offense can keep scoring we'll be fine.

Clone will get some passing yards early until Parker gets in a groove with his guys.

What I saw Saturday tells me this isn't one of ISU's better defenses.
And I think the Hawks also score a ST's td.

Hawks...27-10.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
How many times have we seen ISU look like complete ass in week 1 only to give iowa all they want the following week? Low scoring and close.

Actually Nestor was not beaten by a half step. He was in absolutely perfect position, right inside of the WR between him and the QB. They were literally shirt to shirt. The WR went up over him for the ball and just timing or footwork (and inexperience) he didn't go up for the ball until the WR was above him and then he couldn't go up. Just a better play by the WR, but Nestor was right where he should have been. He'll make that play easily with more experience.
I teach my kids to be a half step better than Nestor was. In this case, he would have been able to lean the receiver 2-3 feet further to the sideline on the route and take away the space where the receiver made the catch. (Be in good position first, then be an athlete.) But your final point stands: there have been many CBs who turned out to be very, very good who didn't look as good early on as Nestor did yesterday, including both Harris and Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT