ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2024 Recruiting Thread

Surprised we made the Top 10. We could easily get knocked out after a few more of the Top 20 kids sign.
Currently 4th among next year's BIG schools, with UCLA, USC, IU, MSU, Ohio State and MD all listed by ESPN as still in the running for top 30 prospects:

1. Sarah Strong (UConn, LSU, North Carolina, UCLA, South Carolina)
2. Joyce Edwards (South Carolina, LSU, Texas A&M, Clemson, Stanford, Maryland, USC)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (Ohio State, Florida, LSU, Baylor)
5. Kennedy Smith (USC, UCLA, Duke, South Carolina, Louisville)
10. Mikayla Blakes (Vanderbilt, Stanford, Indiana, UCLA)
19. Arianna Roberson (UConn, Duke, Utah, USC)
21. Mackenly Randolph (Notre Dame, Michigan State, Louisville)
22. Kiyomi McMiller (Temple, Ole Miss, James Madison, UCF, Florida State, Rutgers, George Mason, Louisville)
27. Kayleigh Heckel (USC, Tennessee, Stanford, Alabama)
28. Britt Prince (Indiana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Iowa State, Creighton)

Really hoping IU doesn't pull the double and get Blakes and Prince. If Prince was going to Nebraska, seems like she would have announced by now. Also hoping that Prince doesn't pick the Clones.

Also, Mallegni shared an Insta post from AGSR that has her (final, I think) national rank as #37. I googled AGSR national rankings for 2024 and you can only see the top 30 without paying.
ASGR's early 2024 rankings were done by Bret McCormick, who was with ASGR for a long time. He left ASGR, I believe in late 2022, and not sure if ASGR updated their rankings since his departure. Since then, ASGR has partnered with HoopseenW, and HoopseenW has their own rankings. HoopseenW's 2023 rankings were quite different than ASGR's last publicly-available 2023 rankings. Don't know what to make of HoopseenW. The old ASGR had a long track record, which gave them some credibility.

Reactions: shikreto
Also, Mallegni shared an Insta post from AGSR that has her (final, I think) national rank as #37. I googled AGSR national rankings for 2024 and you can only see the top 30 without paying. Looks like none of our other recruits are in the top 40 (since I can see the Top 30 on their site and 30-40 on her Instagram post).
Found the updated ASGR rankings, 1-48. Ava Heiden is 43, and Mallegni is 37, as you indicated.

Prince just committed to Nebraska.

I’m happy for Nebraska but I think there is a less than zero chance Amy Williams gets fired in the next couple of years. She has got to make some magic happen…I’m also not too worried about this being an immediate risk to us. If Williams couldn’t do much with Jaz Shelley, I wouldn’t expect her to be able to do much more than Prince.

Lmao most people would probably rather live in Minneapolis or Lincoln than Iowa City tho.
Spent a lot of time in Lincoln for work. It’s horrible. The DT is dead. It makes Iowa City look like Austin.

Spent a lot of time in Lincoln for work. It’s horrible. The DT is dead. It makes Iowa City look like Austin.
Is this from 2022? Let’s talk about UNL Wbb or Prince or something more interesting. Do you think she can save their program from terminal mediocrity? Tbh I’m a low key Nebraska fan so I want them to be a good team. A good B1G means a good SoS. I also love that we’ve beaten them like 7 games in a row lol. I feel the same way about Indiana.

In any case, UNL fans deserve better than 2 tourney appearances in 7 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and 9and4
Is her mom an assistant coach at Nebraska?
Not yet, at least. She's the head coach at Elkhorn North, just outside of Omaha. Britt is on her team, and they have won the last three Class B state titles. Will be moving up to Class A soon to play the Lincoln and Omaha schools. Britt is also close friends with Amy Williams' daughter, Kennadi, who will also play for the Huskers.

Who knows? We might be better than average for a change.

Last edited:
Highly expect her Mom to be named a special assistant coach or some other relatively weak part of the Nebraska Womens team. Prince would have fit better at several other programs so this is a bit surprising given her talent I truly thought 1 of the incoming west coast B1G teams had her.

Reactions: ft254
Highly expect her Mom to be named a special assistant coach or some other relatively weak part of the Nebraska Womens team. Prince would have fit better at several other programs so this is a bit surprising given her talent I truly thought 1 of the incoming west coast B1G teams had her.
Apparently her #2 choice was Indiana.

• Love
Reactions: 9and4 and HIWILLE
Circling back to the recent ESPN/Hoopgurlz Recruiting updates, the 4 Iowa '24 recruits in the Hoopgurlz top 100 are among the 31 BIG signees on the list. Comparing just those 31 BIG signees, the Iowa recruits are # 16, # 23, #27 and #30 among the BIG signees.

YearNameSchoolHoopgurlz
2024​
Jaloni CambridgeOSU
2​
2024​
Syla SwordsMichigan
4​
2024​
Kennedy SmithUSC
6​
2024​
Kayleigh HeckelUSC
13​
2024​
Avery HowellUSC
18​
2024​
Kendall DudleyUCLA
19​
2024​
Olivia OlsonMichigan
20​
2024​
Berry WallaceIllinois
22​
2024​
Britt PrinceNeb.
25​
2024​
Avary CainUCLA
26​
2024​
Kiyomi McMillerRU
27​
2024​
Zania Socka-NguemenUCLA
30​
2024​
Katie FisoOregon
34​
2024​
Kyndal WalkerMD
35​
2024​
Devin CoppingerWashington
39​
2024​
Ava HeidenIowa
42​
2024​
Breanna WilliamsMD
45​
2024​
Vivian IwuchukwuUSC
47​
2024​
Ava WatsonOSU
52​
2024​
Rian ForestierUSC
54​
2024​
Xamiya WaltonNW
55​
2024​
Jordyn PoolePurdue
57​
2024​
Aaliyah GuytonIowa
58​
2024​
Faith WisemanIU
61​
2024​
Juliann WoodardMSU
62​
2024​
McKenna JohnsonMN
63​
2024​
Teagan MallegniIowa
65​
2024​
Laura WilliamsUSC
92​
2024​
Sinai DouglasMSU
93​
2024​
Taylor StremlowIowa
94​
2024​
Ella HobbsOSU
95​

I fully expect once the lawsuit against the HC of Nebby WBB advances, that Williams will be terminated.

They signed her to an extension well after the lawsuit was brought

Did they have a choice? Have that hang over the recruiting or extend her to demonstrate confidence with ability to fire for cause in the worst case scenario?

Did they have a choice? Have that hang over the recruiting or extend her to demonstrate confidence with ability to fire for cause in the worst case scenario?

Plenty of choice. If they planned on moving on from her they would have just moved on. The lawsuit was already in full swing at the point of her signing an extension. If they really thought that they were going to dump her than they would have just done so.

Ya think they would wait four months and try to start over with a new coach a few days before the season starts?

I fully expect once the lawsuit against the HC of Nebby WBB advances, that Williams will be terminated.
Ann Prince did retire from Elkhorn North. So it's possible for my prediction to be true. Maybe she will just retire to follow Britt's college career, but it would not surprise me if she was named some bogus coach and Williams got Britt to commit by telling Mom we have a spot for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT