ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

I agree but at some point, you have to think the high-level recruits would be reluctant to come to Iowa since this year's and next year's freshman classes are already so strong. So, anyone in the 2025 or 2026 classes probably wouldn't start right away. I know Lisa used to recruit a strong five-player class and then ride them with very few incoming recruits the next year or two. However, I realize that is old thinking. Four and five-star players like this think they can compete with anyone. UConn has obviously done it for years. Kiah Stokes never started there but does in the WNBA. Plus, now you never know who will enter the portal before you. So keep recruiting, Jan!
So why do SC, UConn and LSU keep getting recruits? Wouldn't they have to sit behind upper class men?

So why do SC, UConn and LSU keep getting recruits? Wouldn't they have to sit behind upper class men?
A combination of factors. The very top players in a class are usually good enough to find a spot in a rotation or starting lineup even at the best schools. Players further down commit knowing they might have to wait a year or two but they're fine with that because they're part of a championship caliber team.

Those schools all have transfers that leave after a year or two in search of more opportunities for playing time. UConn has had significant injury issues the past few years to the point where most of their young players end up playing anyway. South Carolina has gotten very good at balancing a 9 or 10 player rotation.

I don’t think South Carolina and Louisiana are so behind the times that they force women to sit behind men that the consider the “Upper Class.”

Not sure about Connecticut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT