ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

Kind of surprising to me. Oehrlein and Greenway are sort of locked into a death match for the Minnesota career scoring record. Both are prolific (3,000+) scorers. Last time I checked, Tori was slightly ahead of Greenway.

Both players have been playing HS ball since 7th grade but Greenway has been considered the better prospect since the beginning. Further evidence that Greenway to Iowa is unlikely?

Kind of surprising to me. Oehrlein and Greenway are sort of locked into a death match for the Minnesota career scoring record. Both are prolific (3,000+) scorers. Last time I checked, Tori was slightly ahead of Greenway.

Both players have been playing HS ball since 7th grade but Greenway has been considered the better prospect since the beginning. Further evidence that Greenway to Iowa is unlikely?
I think this slew of new offers points to a recalibration on Iowa’s part — my guess is none of Bjorn, Greenway nor Lewis are trending the right way.

• Sad
Reactions: Torg
I think this slew of new offers points to a recalibration on Iowa’s part — my guess is none of Bjorn, Greenway nor Lewis are trending the right way.

Yup, I really thought Iowa would do well with “Midwest” kids but it looks like they are not trending that way currently. I know in one of her interviews Jan said that they really wanted to feel a strong mutual interest on the recruiting front so I hope that is true with the two gals they offered from Georgia.

Or, the additional offers tell recruits that your spot isn't saved. It can make a player look at their offer in new light when either another great player commits or someone else might take a future you have been considering.

It may actually compel a commitment.

And if it doesn't, Jensen has created relationships and perhaps had players visit that will consider a transfer down the road. It's a way different recruiting ballgame. You have to look ahead, and talk to players now while you can.

Lewis is a 2 & with all the 24's that could play that spot in addition to Deal, her potentially going elsewhere is the least concerning for me. Bjorn would seem to be the biggest loss as a stretch 4 or wing in certain lineups however if Mallegni is as advertised, they'll be fine. Would obviously love to have all 3 but the recent offers are for players equally acclaimed.

I believe another angle to consider Is there may be some wait and see with Iowa in regard to the coaching change. Most of us believe Jan will do very well but I also believe Lisa’s retirement has likely been used in a negative way towards Iowa on the recruiting trail. If adversaries can sell doubt about competing foes many will.

Reactions: Torg and shikreto
Or, the additional offers tell recruits that your spot isn't saved. It can make a player look at their offer in new light when either another great player commits or someone else might take a future you have been considering.

It may actually compel a commitment.

And if it doesn't, Jensen has created relationships and perhaps had players visit that will consider a transfer down the road. It's a way different recruiting ballgame. You have to look ahead, and talk to players now while you can.
Hope your right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT