ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women seeded #2 for National Duals

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Does North Central really have the girls to compete with Iowa, or are they the one seed based off program history?

Im sure they could care less but team is ranked #1 but given 2 seed at this tournament. Go Hawks. This will be on Flow Friday and Saturday for those that cant attend in person.

Should cruise first round but things get very good starting in the semi-finals. Cant wait to see head to head with Life and North Central.

Im sure they could care less but team is ranked #1 but given 2 seed at this tournament. Go Hawks. This will be on Flow Friday and Saturday for those that cant attend in person.

I thought we dropped to #3 in the dual rankings after the Desert Duals. Forfeiting four matches in each dual, including winning the last one by one point because of that drops you on paper, even if there was an obvious reason they were close. But tournament seeding we are still number one.

Reactions: sdvike
I thought we dropped to #3 in the dual rankings after the Desert Duals. Forfeiting four matches in each dual, including winning the last one by one point because of that drops you on paper, even if there was an obvious reason they were close. But tournament seeding we are still number one.
The Natty tournament should be pretty tight among Iowa, North Central and Life. Emily Frost looks to be dropping alot of weight and is wrestling tough but seems winded, also gives up legs too easily which the good wrestlers take advantage of. Alivia White is kinda hit and miss no matter the opponent but right now I dont know if she can string together enough to AA. All other Hawks no doubt should AA barring injury with hopefully about half in the finals.

Flo is reporting that North Central gets a couple of National Champs back in the lineup. Sounds like it is shaping up to be a very good finals match.

Reactions: jrod65
Flo is reporting that North Central gets a couple of National Champs back in the lineup. Sounds like it is shaping up to be a very good finals match.

Yeah, Boyd and Makoyed were huge additions to NC. They filled the two weakest weights in their lineup.

Going to be a good one. I would be much, much more confident in an Iowa win if I knew for certain that Taylor, Estrella(or Hahn), and Welker were all competing.

Here's how the two stack up using highest ranked wrestler at each weight. Some opportunities to shuffle the line up for either team as both have multiple wrestlers ranked at many of the weights.

Iowa NC
101 - 1 v 2
109 - 2 v 1
116 - 2 v 5
123 - 2 v 1
130 - 11 v 5
136 -1 v 2
143 -2 v 3
155 -1 v 5
170 -1 v 2
191 -10 v 1

Yeah, Boyd and Makoyed were huge additions to NC. They filled the two weakest weights in their lineup.

Going to be a good one. I would be much, much more confident in an Iowa win if I knew for certain that Taylor, Estrella(or Hahn), and Welker were all competing.

Here's how the two stack up using highest ranked wrestler at each weight. Some opportunities to shuffle the line up for either team as both have multiple wrestlers ranked at many of the weights.

Iowa NC
101 - 1 v 2
109 - 2 v 1
116 - 2 v 5
123 - 2 v 1
130 - 11 v 5
136 -1 v 2
143 -2 v 3
155 -1 v 5
170 -1 v 2
191 -10 v 1
Thanks for putting this together. This one's going to be great.

Reactions: jrod65
No Estrella, but glad to see Taylor and Welker listed. Adding Foeller is a huge boost as well.

Reactions: eb05
Has Iowa started yet and Track is just not working for them or do they start later?

Ok..really wish the mic was on for that little bit of whatever the hell they were doing

(Had to see it)

About to start...mat 24

Pretty sure that is not how you spell Sterling Dias (I hit submit and they fix it)

Score keeper is giving the wrong lady all the points 😀

Nice throw...Brianna is so short compared to others at 116

Luft gets a forfeit...more important she is who is going at 136

She is going to be key tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT