ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women seeded #2 for National Duals

136 is going to be a good temp check in this next match.

Both our 136ers are not wrestling...Presbyterians 136 is ranked 3rd. Luft is wrestling up for us.

136 could easily be the difference maker in the finals with North Centrals ranked 1st and our 2nd ranked not on the mat.

Reactions: xjohnx
136 is going to be a good temp check in this next match.

Both our 136ers are not wrestling...Presbyterians 136 is ranked 3rd. Luft is wrestling up for us.

136 could easily be the difference maker in the finals with North Centrals ranked 1st and our 2nd ranked not on the mat.
And our #2 beat their #1 9-0 not even a month ago

That's the second time the score keeper gave the points to the wrong lady 😀

This is a good match for Ava...her opponent is ranked 10th

Ava wins 4-2

Frost down 4-0

Edit...the lat few post were about Ava Rose

Emily Frost down 4-0 at the break

Got lucky the ref called a slip or it would be 6-0

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
It's showtime! Time for our gals to compete against some of the nation's best. This should be fun!

King looks pretty tough in the lighter weights, alot of toss ups using Flo rankings. Big matches, Brianna will get the #1. Deede will wrestle the #2.

You are assuming Deede goes at 155...we do not know who our top is at 155

I love the way the Hawk women get together next to the mat and rally their teammates. Reminds me of the men a few years ago.

Reactions: Aleric1
Thanks. Im new at this like many. I just saw she was ranked #1 by Flo at 155. Is there a possibility she goes another weight?

think @ZachJump is saying that Bella Mir might be the best option for 155.

IMO, Deede appears to be the more technically sound wrestler. Mir is a bit more of a brawler, but has made huge improvements in a very short time. Plus, she's a pinner which might make her a better option in a close dual.

I don't know how the h2h between her and Deede shakes out. They do have a common opponent for reference. Deede beat Latifa McBryde 8-3, while Mir pinned her in the 1st.

Reactions: sdvike and ZachJump
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT