ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Journey Houston is a really nice player however I think she is done growing and is maybe 5’9” - 5’10” now. Her teammate Divine Bourrage (sp) has a much higher ceiling as a guard/wing who is 6 foot tall and long/athletic. Journey will score an insane amount in high school but doesn’t shoot it great at this point. That could change.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Journey Houston is a really nice player however I think she is done growing and is maybe 5’9” - 5’10” now. Her teammate Divine Bourrage (sp) has a much higher ceiling as a guard/wing who is 6 foot tall and long/athletic. Journey will score an insane amount in high school but doesn’t shoot it great at this point. That could change.
I’ll be watching them a lot this coming season and can’t wait to see the improvements of both. With the two boys basketball players at Moline High School also on my schedule I’ll be busy this coming season with high school hoops and loving it. 🙂

It looks like Iowa has offers out to two top 25 recruits in 2025?Seems like 2023 is really quiet (possibly only Cinzano and transfers for available slots?) 2024 has a few more, how many slots open up?

It looks like Iowa has offers out to two top 25 recruits in 2025?Seems like 2023 is really quiet (possibly only Cinzano and transfers for available slots?) 2024 has a few more, how many slots open up?
Others that follow this more closely than me would be more knowledgeable on this, but my guess is the uncertainty over the extra COVID year that every player can use. Marshall, Warnock, Martin at a minimum would all be able to use that extra COVID year (again, I could be wrong on that). It makes it exceedingly hard to get in top-level talent in the short term as most of the very best players are looking to play right away. In hindsight, probably would have been best to grant the seniors in 2020 one extra year of eligibility if they wanted it and then cut off the extra year thereafter. It's created situations where fewer opportunities are available for high school players as teams now have to be under the scholarship limit.

Two key take-aways…
Her current plan is to cut her list down and ultimately make a final decision in mid-July.
As for where Jones could fit in with the Hawkeyes, she says that the coaching staff sees her playing at the 3/4 position in the offense.

Last edited:
Looks like the Elite Camp generated several significant offers. Anyone have insight/info into who else is competing for these players? Also, does anyone think Olivia Olson is still a possibility? Britt Prince?

The UConn board says Olson is a strong Iowa lean and they moved on from her. Hope that is accurate.
Wow, that's good news. As the #3 player, her signing would help draw others, and give the Hawks another 'face of the program" player after Caitlin leaves for the W.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT