ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wrestling recruits at Junior Nationals - RESULTS

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
http://iowawrestlingblog.com/2017/07/iowa-wrestling-recruits-to-compete-at-junior-nationals/

Jacob Warner - National champion.
Anthony Cassioppi - National champion

Rd 64: Zach Axmear North English, IA (Iowa) VSU Thomas Ingram, WY 10-0 1:07
Rd 32: Will Lewan IL VSU1 Zach Axmear IA 12-2, 1:43
Cons 32-2: Zachary Axmear, IA VSU1 Demitreus Henry NY, 17-6 4:36
Cons 16-1: Cons 16-1 Zach Axmear, IA VFA Will Lawrence, VA 8-0, 1:45
Cons 16-2: David Johnson, OH VSU Zachary Axmear, IA, 10-0 1:50

Rd 64: Myles Wilson, New Castle, CO VSU1 Trever Begin, OH 12-2
Rd 32: Beau Yineman, WI VFA Myles Wilson, CO 14-8, 3:27
Cons 32-2: Myles Wilson, CO VSU Noah Glaser IA, 10-0 0:29
Cons 16-1: Myles Wilson, CO VFA Salaam Banish, VA, 10-2 2:13
Cons 16-2: Myles Wilson, CO VSU1 Jayden Woodruff, CO, 13-2 3:41
Cons 8-1: Myles Wilson, CO VSU Trey Rogers Hastings, MN, 10-0 0:45
Cons 8-2: Myles Wilson, CO VFA Mac Southard IA, 5-4 2:27
Cons 4: Myles Wilson, CO VSU1 Austin Harris Roseburg, OR, 16-5 2:31
Consi Semi: Lucas Davison, IN VFA Myles Wilson, CO, 23-12 5:30

Rd 64: Jacob Warner, Washington, IL (IL) VSU1 Jake Erckenbrack, MN 13-2 1:36
Rd 32: Jacob Warner, IL VFA Bear Hughes, OK 13-3, 4:44
Rd 16: Jacob Warner, IL VSU Ryan Yarnell, MO, 10-0 2:13
Quarters: Jacob Warner, IL VSU Colton Wolfe, NE, 10-0 0:47
Semifinals: Jacob Warner, IL VSU Jakob Woodley, PA, 10-0 4:09
Finals: Jacob Warner, IL VSU Miles Lee, PA, 11-0 3:32

Hwt
Rd 64: Aaron Costello, Dubuque, IA VPO1 Arath Rangel, Nevada, 11-10
Rd 32: Aaron Costello. IA VPO1 Lee Herrington, NE, 4-4
Rd 16: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VFA Aaron Costello, IA, 12-2 3:00
Cons 8-1: Aaron Costello, IA VSU Jordan Earnest Wadsworth, OH 10-0 1:02
Cons 8-2: Jon Spaulding, OH VPO1 Aaron Costello IA, 8-6

Hwt
Rd 64: Anthony Cassioppi, Roscoe, IL VFA Hamza Manassra, AZ 4-0, 0:48
Rd 32: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VSU Mitchell Trigg, MN, 10-0 0:50
Rd 16: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VFA Aaron Costello, IA, 12-2 3:00
Quarters: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VFA Spencer Trenary, IA, 10-0 0:57
Semifinals: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VSU Samson Evans Alcoa, 10-0 1:54
Finals: Anthony Cassioppi, IL VPO1 Brandon Metz, ND, 4-1

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twiiter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling Fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
http://iowawrestlingblog.com/2017/07/iowa-wrestling-recruits-to-compete-at-junior-nationals/

Zach Axmear North English, IA (Iowa) VSU THomas Ingram Saratoga, WY 10-0 1:07

Jacob Warner, Washington, IL (IL) VSU1 Jake Erckenbrack, MN 13-2 1:36

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twiiter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling Fan.

Go Hawks!

Junior Freestyle results are starting to come in.

Beau Yineman (Wisconsin) VFA Myles Wilson (Colorado) , 3:27 14-8

Wilson got up 6-0 quick then the kid came storming back. Ends up getting stuck in the 2nd

Jacob Warner (Illinois) VFA Bear Hughes (Oklahoma) , 4:44 13-3

Cassioppi coming up on Mat 5

Costello coming up on Mat 7

Reactions: WDuck5217
Cassioppi and Costello will face off in round of 16. Costello won a tough 4-4 match to get here where Cassioppi had another dominant winning getting a tech in 50 seconds. Cassioppi has owned this matchup in the past but you never know. Looks to be an exciting hawk vs hawk battle. Sasso dominant thus far. Lyon, Barnes, Bennent, Trenary and etc (couldn't search all of them) continuing to cruise through.)

Was just watching some of Hidlay's matches and he looks a little sucked out at 170. I think we will see him compete at 182 from now on (or so I hope).

Myles Wilson falls in a wild one in the consi semis, I THINK 12-21. He was leading 10-5 at one point. Will wrestle for 5th place. I believe this is his first Fargo AA finish as well.

So Sasso loses twice today. Getting beat bad in the consi semis. Cassioppi and Warner destroying everyone to the finals. And people were in a frenzy about our recruiting situation and not going after Sasso. Didn't hear a single one of these whiners say anything positive about us landing Cassioppi.
Sassso lost to two studs and losing 7-2 in a freestyle match is not getting beaten badly. sasso is a stud and should be getting recruited especially when it was known he was interested in Iowa

Sassso lost to two studs and losing 7-2 in a freestyle match is not getting beaten badly. sasso is a stud and should be getting recruited especially when it was known he was interested in Iowa

I get it, I'm not trying to disrespect Sasso. My point is that a lot of whiners came out of the woodwork in the past few days and they seem to think Iowa is sitting on their hands doing nothing in regards to recruiting. These whiners didn't even acknowledge the Cassioppi commitment or the Lugo transfer.

They are acting like Sasso is the number 1 p4p recruit and that Iowa isn't going after him. He just lost twice today, meanwhile we have 2 recruits in the finals who have had stellar tournaments and these posters are silent. I just don't get the negativity.

So Sasso loses twice today. Getting beat bad in the consi semis. Cassioppi and Warner destroying everyone to the finals. And people were in a frenzy about our recruiting situation and not going after Sasso. Didn't hear a single one of these whiners say anything positive about us landing Cassioppi.

The guy that beat Sasso won it at 45 last year...but finished 6th at Ironman

I get it, I'm not trying to disrespect Sasso. My point is that a lot of whiners came out of the woodwork in the past few days and they seem to think Iowa is sitting on their hands doing nothing in regards to recruiting. These whiners didn't even acknowledge the Cassioppi commitment or the Lugo transfer.

They are acting like Sasso is the number 1 p4p recruit and that Iowa isn't going after him. He just lost twice today, meanwhile we have 2 recruits in the finals who have had stellar tournaments and these posters are silent. I just don't get the negativity.
Very much agree with those points as recruiting is pointed in the right direction and there's been a lot of negativity on here. I also see the other side though as well as its frustrating hearing that nobody from Iowa has visited sasso's house as that can be the difference from getting him to Iowa city rather than to Ohio state.

You whine about whiners much more than I've heard any whiners whine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT