ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's senior senator, Chuck Grassley, hospitalized due to an infection

So....weak heart maybe? (not meant to be a joke)

When your heart begins to not being able to keep up, the body tends to also not be able to do the normal things it does, like fight off infections.

At least we know where he is.
Animated GIF

Whut?

New rule. If you’re over 70 and catch as much as a cold, you’re out. Call it the Feinstein/ Grassley rule.

Reactions: h-hawk
See him at uni basketball games every few years. He looked extremely old the last time I saw him.

I think about 70-75 is old enough for any federal position.

Reactions: h-hawk
In any other scenario, we would not look favorably at a 90 year old in other workplaces

Repubs seem ok with a welfare queen living off the taxpayer teat like chuck has all his life because he is one of their own

We don’t need term limits, we just need upper age limits. We have lower limits, I don’t see any reason to not have upper limits.

It should be like air traffic controllers….forced retirement from government.
75?

I think that's a pretty good cut off.

I wonder what happens to a politician's campaign war chest if the politician dies?

I don't know how it works for politicians but I know when I was helping form a 501c3 we had to put in our documents where the money would go if for some reason the organization was shut down or liquidated or something like that. Usually I think the requirement was for it to go to another 501c3.

My guess is that politicians campaigns probably have something similar although they might send theirs to a state party or a think tank or something like that.

That is just a guess though.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It’s pretty damn impressive he’s been around that long and is still more aware of his surroundings than our current POTUS.
Senile Chuck knows where the curtain is when a neutral journalist asks him a tough question.

Diving behind that curtain will be my lasting memory of that old fart.

Senile Chuck knows where the curtain is when a neutral journalist asks him a tough question.

Diving behind that curtain will be my lasting memory of that old fart.
Grassley is 1000x more aware of everything around him when compared to Dementia Joe Biden.

Here's your dumb phuck hero.

Nah, you were just struggling too hard to show you're above all that. You're Mr. Both Sides. We totally get it.
You are such a political hack. Educate yourself instead on issues. I’ll bet you still think the Texas National guard are responsible for the drowning of the migrant woman and her two children.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Bullshit if you’re talking about chuck.
I talked to him at the orange bowl in 2002 about a mutual friend. I had the good fortune to be in a stadium suite he was also in.
Saw him at an airport in 2017 and he remembered the discussion.

This is not to be for or against Chuck, just merely adding this story because its the first thing I thought of when I read the post about him having dementia and then I saw DogBoy's response:

Very similar story, one of my best friends from college is from Humboldt and during some town visit there by Chuck during his tour of Iowa or when some new Ag business opened or something, my buddy had small talk with him, which contained some talk about I think it was my buddy's grandma or something and how she was sick (I don't recall all the details), but then my buddy was in DC and I think you can get a tour of your State's State Department and offices and such right? Anyway my buddy happened to run into Chuck there somehow and said something like "Good to see you again, met you awhile back in Humboldt for XYZ Event" and Chuck apparently responded with asking about my buddies Grandma by her name and how she was doing.

This was I think last summer? Apparently he is still pretty sharp all things considered.

***and yes, term limits are very much needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DogBoyRy
This is not to be for or against Chuck, just merely adding this story because its the first thing I thought of when I read the post about him having dementia and then I saw DogBoy's response:

Very similar story, one of my best friends from college is from Humboldt and during some town visit there by Chuck during his tour of Iowa or when some new Ag business opened or something, my buddy had small talk with him, which contained some talk about I think it was my buddy's grandma or something and how she was sick (I don't recall all the details), but then my buddy was in DC and I think you can get a tour of your State's State Department and offices and such right? Anyway my buddy happened to run into Chuck there somehow and said something like "Good to see you again, met you awhile back in Humbolt for XYZ Event" and Chuck apparently responded with asking about my buddies Grandma by her name and how she was doing.

This was I think last summer? Apparently he is still pretty sharp all things considered.

***and yes, term limits are very much needed.
But jimmy mcgill says he has dementia.
Fricking loon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT