ADVERTISEMENT

Is CC the GOAT?

Caitlin put an entire sport on the map that the entirety of America wrote off. She broke every record, swept awards, and she did more with less by going to the national title back to back with a team that has no right to be there.

She is the GOAT.

The question that I never hear is ‘does it matter?’ I say it really doesn’t. CC’s impact on the game is bigger than the goat discussion.

Is she still the greatest?
The whole greatest thing is kind of silly. It depends on your definition. She wasn't singlehandedly able to carry her teams to championships. There may have been players who came up bigger in that situation. But she got her team to finals twice when the program had never been there before. With mostly role players around her. That is really tough to do, as opposed to being part of a dynasty with a lot of great players. In terms of scoring and her impact on the women's game, no doubt the greatest in history. It will be interesting to see if Iowa can continue to build off what she did and become one of the elite powers of women's basketball and break through. That would add to her legacy in my view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT