ADVERTISEMENT

Is grabbing your own wrist considered "locked hands"?

I have mixed feelings about this challenge. I like the ability to challenge a call, but not if a call is never made. I would compare this situation to a football coach who challenges for a holding penalty that was never flagged. It can't happen, and it shouldn't. However, the coach could challenge an out of bounds call, or TD/no TD. I would like to see a coach able to challenge the locked hands call, if made, but not ask the refs to find the infraction via video replay. Just doesn't feel right.
I don't know if I would make the football comparison for a couple reasons. There are some football non calls that can be reviewed like 12 men on the field. Also not being able to review a fall call/non call is like not being able review a td call.

For the record I'm in favor of doing away with video review until someone other than the ref on the mat is in charge of making the call after review. It's a break in action and they almost never change their calls even when its apparent they missed one. I imagine they glance at the monitor and say "Looks like I got another one right. Damn I'm good, not sure why anyone would think I missed one. Great weather we've had lately. What's a good place for dinner around here... Has it been 3 minutes yet?" Walks back on to mat, "Call is confirmed"

Reactions: JBJRFL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT