ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa wrestling not recruiting PA wrestlers?

Iowa fans don't do that on their site. In fact there are only about 4-5 Iowa fans that even post on their board regularly.

They are sensitive and only want to dish it out. They certainly can't take it.

Only sunshine and rainbows are allowed over there
Most of us were banned the minute we started heated conversations with the locals.

That's a fact.

Are you merely stating something, or are you trying to say I'm wrong? I don't post much, but when I do post something as fact (and not an opinion), it is only b/c I know I am 100% correct. See the RTC Rules below:
  1. A PSA must live within 250 miles of an RTC to participate in practice.If there is no RTC within the boundaries listed above, the PSA may join the closest RTC to his residence by applying for an exemption through USA Wrestling.
    1. The 250 mile radius is determined by using the home address of the athlete to the zip code of the regional training center.
    2. Once a PSA has signed a National Letter of Intent, the 250 miles radius rule is no longer applicable and that PSA may attend the RTC of their choice.."

An athlete may also sign up and attend a wrestling camp hosted at the school as a way to get around the rule regarding visits and practices.. But, my quote with the reply to the post on bringing in guys to practice is still 100% accurate. A one off example of a kid who has not started his freshmen year of high school yet (has not reached the age limit for contact rules etc.) does not change the rules, or my correction or clarification of the comments of bringing guys in..

I don’t know what regulation allows it, and appreciate that you research to back your claim, but there’s something that makes you wrong. Again, don’t know what it is.

I like the way you think.
Lock Haven

Lower academic standards
Kolat (PSU) and Marsteller (OSU) ended up there from elite programs and were successful
At least six RTCs within 250 miles (PSU, tOSU, Cornell, Navy, Penn, Pitt)
Coach Scott Moore has a proven track record with "projects"

All that said and until he proves otherwise, I don't think AJ has any aspirations. Period.

I don’t know what regulation allows it, and appreciate that you research to back your claim, but there’s something that makes you wrong. Again, don’t know what it is.
I appreciate your honesty. ".. you have the facts and know the truth/did the research, but I just know somehow you are wrong"

Here are the rules from USA Wrestling. bman46 is absolutely correct.

RTCs are required to support Olympic wrestling and so their charters must allow for visiting wrestlers to practice if they are in the area and are attached to a program. In fact to my understanding, any RTC within 250 miles of a wrestler's home address is obligated to invite, in writing, any wrestler who meets the criteria to participate at that RTC.

If you recall, a couple years ago David Carr spent some time at the NLWC. A few PSU fans went crazy with rumors of "Carr to PSU".. The truth is that Carr had the right to participate at the NLWC as a visitor (his uncle was coaching at Lock Haven), just like AJ at the HWC, etc. A RTC cannot just deny access arbitrarily. They must follow the rules set by USA Wrestling.

It's probably fair to say that AJ in the Iowa room or weight training center the last 6 months was probably HWC related as a visiting and qualifying athlete. Likely had zero to do with Iowa wrestling. Probably why Terry told him to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkeyePA
I appreciate your honesty. ".. you have the facts and know the truth/did the research, but I just know somehow you are wrong"

I do, because we have seen a ton of social media posts over the years that say otherwise. I genuinely appreciate your research but also think it’s clear there are loopholes that allow it. No way are they callously and publicly committing NCAA violations.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that I posted the answers to all the back and forth between bman46 and Spooner, but since they obviously have me on ignore as a PSU fan, they aren't seeing it. :D Carry on LOL.
Someone please copy and paste my answer into a post so that they stop going back and forth. Thanks

Bo fits the Iowa mold? The kid is brutal, strong, tough as nails and well conditioned which is very much the Iowa mold. However, he is an offensive juggernaut which is not the Iowa mold.

But Iowa is offensive when they have elite guys who can actually execute. Therein lies the problem…just not enough to keep up with PSU.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that I posted the answers to all the back and forth between bman46 and Spooner, but since they obviously have me on ignore as a PSU fan, they aren't seeing it. :D Carry on LOL.

I’ve never put anyone on ignore. That function is dumb and for the comically thin skinned/internet is serious business crowd.

Bringing facts and logic with calmness to a summer wrestling forum?? Blink twice if you are being held hostage :)
in all fairness...like that exists here...I made that post in April...I think it was April.... but if I am wrong i am sure someone will crucify me for the wrong date.

Are you merely stating something, or are you trying to say I'm wrong? I don't post much, but when I do post something as fact (and not an opinion), it is only b/c I know I am 100% correct. See the RTC Rules below:
  1. A PSA must live within 250 miles of an RTC to participate in practice.If there is no RTC within the boundaries listed above, the PSA may join the closest RTC to his residence by applying for an exemption through USA Wrestling.
    1. The 250 mile radius is determined by using the home address of the athlete to the zip code of the regional training center.
    2. Once a PSA has signed a National Letter of Intent, the 250 miles radius rule is no longer applicable and that PSA may attend the RTC of their choice.."

An athlete may also sign up and attend a wrestling camp hosted at the school as a way to get around the rule regarding visits and practices.. But, my quote with the reply to the post on bringing in guys to practice is still 100% accurate. A one off example of a kid who has not started his freshmen year of high school yet (has not reached the age limit for contact rules etc.) does not change the rules, or my correction or clarification of the comments of bringing guys in..
You are correct. If it is a camp at the RTC then that is the way to get around it I believe. That is probably how the Hutcherson kid was able to come in. He is from PA so not within the 250 miles so he could not just go train at the HWC. Bad part is, he could go train at NLWC and that is not good for Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT