ADVERTISEMENT

Is Israel Becoming a "Pariah State"?

Is Israel becomeing a pariah state

• Total voters
Can Biden declare Netanyahu and Galant personae non gratae and deny them entry into the US?

If so, he should.

Have any of the 3 international tribunals issued warrants yet? We may not be signatories to the ICC or ICJ but that doesn't mean we can't act on their warrants, does it?
How about warrants for Hamas leadership, like those in Qatar?

Do you really believe we would notice a difference?...
I mean having the United Nations in your country is such a power move. Not to mention by having it we prevent other nations from beating us in Civ with a Diplomatic Victory.

Reactions: HawCory
How about warrants for Hamas leadership, like those in Qatar?
I was only talking about when they come to the US, but if you want to arrest Netanyahu and Galant on foreign soil, I'm down with that; and, absolutely, grab the Hamas criminals, too.

They all belong in jail.

But only Israel's criminals are being hosted in the White House and get to speak to Congress. So I'm more upset at our attitude toward them. If Hamas criminals were getting that treatment I'd be even more angry.

You should have an option that says, "Israel is no more or less a pariah state than they were 50 fifty years ago, regardless of whether their actions are justified."

The Yom Kippur War was 1973.

I don't see how anyone can equate Israel then with what Israel is doing and has become today.

I think you may be asking a different question than you intended.

I'm not saying Israel has the same moral justification for what they are doing in Gaza as they did in the Yom Kippur War.

There have always been countries who refused diplomatic relations with Israel. Young people and the political left have always been critical of Israel.

It was like this 20 years ago, 20 years before that, and so on. I'm just saying that Israel is no more a pariah state than they were 50 years ago.

I think you may be asking a different question than you intended.

I'm not saying Israel has the same moral justification for what they are doing in Gaza as they did in the Yom Kippur War.

There have always been countries who refused diplomatic relations with Israel. Young people and the political left have always been critical of Israel.

It was like this 20 years ago, 20 years before that, and so on. I'm just saying that Israel is no more a pariah state than they were 50 years ago.
I strongly disagree.

But just out of curiosity, do you think they were a pariah state then and now, or not a pariah state then and now?

I strongly disagree.

But just out of curiosity, do you think they were a pariah state then and now, or not a pariah state then and now?

Some people have always regarded Israel as a pariah state. It may seem like things are worse now. But they are really only worse compared to the relatively quiet period that began after Israel withdrew from Gaza and built their security wall.

If anything, Israel's diplomatic relationships had been improving until late last year. Russia was trying to strengthen ties after decades of frosty relations. Saudi Arabia was about to normalize relations.

Hamas recognized this trend as an existential threat. That's why they attacked. They needed to goad Israel into an ugly conflict, knowing that Israel's reputation would suffer when they retaliated.

Reactions: Jan Itor
Name onw single war where the "bad" guys won.

History is written by the Victors.
Vietnam, though the use of "war" is kind of a stretch since we didn't officially declare war. That was an instance where the US should have either been 100% committed, or stayed out entirely. Nearly 60K troops lost their lives because we pussyfooted around too much (yes, we underestimated the North Vietnamese too).

It would be like South Carolina continuing to attack the Union 40 years after the Civil War.

IMHO.
Apples and oranges IMHO. South Carolina (not to mention every other ex-Confederate and border states) either regained or retained their voice in Washington after the war. Now, I'd imagine there'd have been some violence for many, many decades had the Union flexed their muscles by keeping former slave states as part of its official jurisdiction, but relegating their status to that of Puerto Rico (i.e. no representation in the House or Senate).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT