ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Too Late for Democrats to Replace Biden?

Trump was never mentally fit to hold office. Biden is steadily and inexorably approaching the point where he no longer will be. And I’m fairly confident that point is on this side of 1/20/2029.
Agreed.

This liberal would prefer a Newsom/Whitmer ticket. Or a Warren/Booker ticket. Or any of several others.

Still voting for Biden if I have to, though.

The problem for democrats is that Harris wants the position and there's nothing they can realistically offer her that she'd want more than being president. Most people can't stand her though and she presents herself poorly.
Force out Alito or Thomas and appoint Harris to the Supreme Court.

Replace her with Newsom.

Once Newsom is settled in, Biden steps down, Newsom becomes prez, and taps Whitmer as his VP.

Everybody wins (except Alito or Thomas).

Force out Alito or Thomas and appoint Harris to the Supreme Court.

Replace her with Newsom.

Once Newsom is settled in, Biden steps down, Newsom becomes prez, and taps Whitmer as his VP.

Everybody wins (except Alito or Thomas).
Why would Alito or Thomas leave to make room for Harris? Democrats have waged am assault on the only black man on the Supreme Court for years and he's laughed at their nonsense every step of the way. Any reason to believe something will change or that alito would act any differently?

How does the left even justify Harris joining the supreme court? She kept minorities in prison past sentencing to be used as free labor for the state of california.. is that a stance that the left actively supports??

Why would Alito or Thomas leave to make room for Harris? Democrats have waged am assault on the only black man on the Supreme Court for years and he's laughed at their nonsense every step of the way. Any reason to believe something will change or that alito would act any differently?

How does the left even justify Harris joining the supreme court? She kept minorities in prison past sentencing to be used as free labor for the state of california.. is that a stance that the left actively supports??
You must have missed the "force out" part. Thomas is clearly corrupt and Alito is so awful they should be able to dig something up on him. But, frankly, it doesn't have to be one of them. We're just looking to create a vacancy on the court.

Harris was a prosecutor, Senator and Vice President. Sufficient credentials. Not saying I would pick her for SCOTUS under ordinary circumstances, but the conversation here is how to push Harris off the presidential path so that the Dems can replace Biden without having to turn to Harris.

Anyway, she'd probably be a better Justice than prez. And certainly better than either Alito or Thomas.

You must have missed the "force out" part. Thomas is clearly corrupt and Alito is so awful they should be able to dig something up on him. But, frankly, it doesn't have to be one of them. We're just looking to create a vacancy on the court.

Harris was a prosecutor, Senator and Vice President. Sufficient credentials. Not saying I would pick her for SCOTUS under ordinary circumstances, but the conversation here is how to push Harris off the presidential path so that the Dems can replace Biden without having to turn to Harris.

Anyway, she'd probably be a better Justice than prez. And certainly better than either Alito or Thomas.
I would say the evidence for Joe Biden being corrupt is significantly higher than any evidence you have for alito or Thomas being corrupt and its not even close. As for "forcing them out" what legal method do you suggest that would even be tangible in 8 months assuming the claims (which so far seem dubious at best) even were true? Who would the left then try and run even?

I would say the evidence for Joe Biden being corrupt is significantly higher than any evidence you have for alito or Thomas being corrupt and its not even close.
That's absurd. But even if you were right, we can vote Joe out of office. We can't vote Alito or Thomas out of office.

And, one more time, that's not the focus of the conversation - which was how to get Harris out of the loop so that Joe can choose not to run for a 2nd term.

I gave you a scenario to accomplish that, but you can't seem to keep from changing the topic so you can spew right wing talking points.

Reactions: Moral
That's absurd. But even if you were right, we can vote Joe out of office. We can't vote Alito or Thomas out of office.

And, one more time, that's not the focus of the conversation - which was how to get Harris out of the loop so that Joe can choose not to run for a 2nd term.

I gave you a scenario to accomplish that, but you can't seem to keep from changing the topic so you can spew right wing talking points.
How do you "force out" justices? I'm still waiting for an answer....

How do you "force out" justices? I'm still waiting for an answer....
Plenty of ways. I'd start with prosecuting some of them for corruption.

If the Dems capture Congress in a functional way, impeachment could be on the table.

Failing that, elect Joe Steele.

Is that enough to derail your musical goalpost commenting?

Plenty of ways. I'd start with prosecuting some of them for corruption.

If the Dems capture Congress in a functional way, impeachment could be on the table.

Failing that, elect Joe Steele.

Is that enough to derail your musical goalpost commenting?

Idiocy hasn’t taken the day off, I see.

Reactions: Hawkman34

Will never happen but not absurd, the laptop exists. Curious why you don’t want the first black woman VP to be POTUS, but you do for SCOTUS?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT