ADVERTISEMENT

Is kirk going to hit the portal now for Olinemen?

The OLine that played vs Tennessee was garbage.

And imagine how bad the reserves must be if they couldn't be a starter?

And everyone of the starters was an upperclassman.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Did we get an outstanding OT in the portal last year when we also didn't have Kadyn?

We're not Ohio St. with a $13 million NIL budget for football at OT is a highly valued position.

We need two starting tackles from portal.

Here is a list of OT's currently in the portal.
DJ Geth North Carolina 6'3" 305 lbs
Blake Austin Troy 6'4" 305
Chad Lindberg Georgia 6'6" 325
Marcus Bryant SMU 6'8" 315

Austin was a 2 star, the others were 3 stars coming out of HS.

You would think that Lindberg going to Georgia would be a starter for us.

Here is what one scout said about him:
Physical offensive lineman recruited mostly as a tackle who could provide guard flexibility as well. Possesses outstanding size that is college-ready on paper. Run-game mauler who thrives in drive-blocking situations. High motor. Intelligent on and off the field. Tenacious block-finisher who plays with a mean streak that is evident even on tape. Takes his target to the ground if opportunity is there. Does a good job for a taller lineman of playing with good leverage. Shows enough athleticism to successfully combo block to the second level, where he is a handful for opposing linebackers. Size provides high ceiling as a pass-blocker, though tape is limited in pass pro. Can improve body control in open space and when engaged. Lateral fluidity will need to get better to stand up to speed rushers in college. Powerful in close quarters, but sometimes catches instead of punches in pass pro. High-floor offensive line prospect with impressive physicality and capability to play tackle or guard at the Power 5 level. Could develop into legitimate NFL Draft prospect.

Last edited:
Id go hard for a LT that can play here for 2 years.
Part of the reason this stings is good LT’s don’t grow on trees. They reached on that Parker kid last year and he couldn’t even crack the depth chart. I’d rather they get the best players available that want to come than keep grasping for straws.

Guess I'm in the wait and see mode. How do players adjust to new OC/scheme changes and player development.

I'm also still in the zone where I'm genuinely not sure how to grade the OL with how predictable and broken the offense was by the end. Is the OL room truly full of guys that can't block, or did they just have such slim margins for error that every mistake got amplified 100x?

I doubt it. The two we picked up last year as afterthoughts were pretty much busts.
The Division II guy we picked up made no conference honors. It was not a shock he didn’t play. It tells you how little depth we have if we were giving him a schollie.

Rusty Feth started for us so I can’t complain. Coming from Miami he was one of our better linemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT