ADVERTISEMENT

Is Michael Strahan on meth?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
He's on his morning show, he's on the NFL Thursday Night show...

When does this man get any sleep?

His sack record* is bullshit. Favre took a dive. Listen to the announcer on the clip, even he knew it was staged. It still pisses me off.

Mark Gastineau is the real single season sack leader.

Reactions: mstp1992
His sack record* is bullshit. Favre took a dive. Listen to the announcer on the clip, even he knew it was staged. It still pisses me off.

Mark Gastineau is the real single season sack leader.

Two things about that video. 1. Why does the footage seem like it taken when Babe Ruth played? 2. Favre was getting sacked on that play. he wasn't going to get away from him so he took the typical cowardly, but smart, course of action and laid down before taking another big hit.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Two things about that video. 1. Why does the footage seem like it taken when Babe Ruth played? 2. Favre was getting sacked on that play. he wasn't going to get away from him so he took the typical cowardly, but smart, course of action and laid down before taking another big hit.

He audibled into it instead of a run to Ahman Greene. The Packers were up 9 with less than 3 minutes to play, so why audible from a RB run to a QB bootleg when you’re working the clock? Favre and Stratham were buddies, so Favre took a dive for him.

Strahan’s record is bogus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/07/...l-cheap-sack-will-cost-favre-and-strahan.html

ON PRO FOOTBALL; Cheap Sack Will Cost Favre and Strahan

By Mike Freeman

When Giants defensive end Michael Strahan broke the N.F.L. sack record yesterday, there was not a player who deserved it more. That is what Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre, the man Strahan sacked to bring his total to 22 1/2, said after the Packers' 34-25 victory.

And Favre, a close friend of Strahan's, is right. Strahan is one of the hardest-working, classiest people the sport has seen in some time. But the next time Strahan sees Favre at a golf tournament, or they're having a beer, Strahan should slap his good friend silly.

Yes, Mr. Favre, Strahan deserves the record, but please, handing it to him the way you did, as if you were throwing change into a Salvation Army bucket, is the kind of mistake Favre may never live down.

It is not the Chicago Black Sox, or Nancy-Tonya, but it is u-g-l-y.

What the heck was Favre thinking?

Strahan broke the record set by Mark Gastineau, the former Jet, because of a gift from Favre with less than three minutes remaining in the game. Green Bay Coach Mike Sherman, with his team comfortably ahead, called for a running play to Ahman Green. Favre changed it, without telling his offensive line, to something called a key play, meaning Favre is to fake a handoff to a back and then run the opposite way, in this instance, toward Strahan's left defensive end spot.

Since the linemen thought Favre was handing off, they did not pass protect, and Strahan was free. He steamrolled right into Favre for a 7-yard sack. It went just as Favre had planned it.

Until that point, Strahan had no sacks, three quarterback hurries and two quarterback hits. He was not going to get the record.

There is no question that Favre knew this, so he changed the play so Strahan could get the sack. ''Strahan can get sacks on his own,'' Sherman said, stressing that the original call was for a handoff. ''We don't have to give it to him.''

Sherman was clearly irritated. Favre had committed a basic sin in football: nothing is free. When Lawrence Taylor was in the same position in 1986 -- facing Green Bay, just a sack and a half behind Gastineau -- did the Packers' quarterback then do a little fixer-upper so Taylor could get it? No. Taylor was shut out.

When asked about the sack, Packers center Mike Flanagan, also irritated about Strahan's gift, said: ''That's not something I'm talking about. Go ask Brett.'' Other offensive linemen were equally bothered.

Favre denied he gave his friend the sack, but he could barely do it with a straight face.

''We wanted to win the football game,'' Favre said. ''If a sack happens, great. But when we leave today, we wanted to leave here as a winner.''

Favre is missing the moon-sized point. By tanking it, he hurt his friend Strahan more than he helped him, because now, that is what the talk is about, not what Strahan did. It cheapens the record -- not a lot, but enough.

What about him offends you?
He doesn't "offend" me. It's kind of an overuse. Similar to Musberger in the 80's and then the way ESPN used Berman. I liked them in doses, but then all of a sudden Berman was at the US Open. And the NBA finals...when he used to be baseball and NFL. That's all I'm saying.

He doesn't "offend" me. It's kind of an overuse. Similar to Musberger in the 80's and then the way ESPN used Berman. I liked them in doses, but then all of a sudden Berman was at the US Open. And the NBA finals...when he used to be baseball and NFL. That's all I'm saying.

How do you feel about Joe Buck? That obnoxious asshat is everywhere.

Say what you want about Strahan but man I really respect the work he did on the football field. The season where he set the totally amazing sack record was just incredible.

Did he sleep with your wife?

lol......I know....but truth is I LIKE the guy! He seems like a good dude and obviously is a tireless worker.

But as a fan of the game I think he and Fave wiped their ass with the NFL record book. They took one of the greatest records in the NFL and cheapened it.

Reactions: silasstarr
lol......I know....but truth is I LIKE the guy! He seems like a good dude and obviously is a tireless worker.

But as a fan of the game I think he and Fave wiped their ass with the NFL record book. They took one of the greatest records in the NFL and cheapened it.

The argument was that Gastineau clearly used steroids. It’s the reason he’s not in the HoF and why he wasn’t on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 1980’s.

It is also a fairly new record. Deacon Jones and a few other people had 22 sacks or more in a 14-game season.

Last edited:
Any talk of Gastineau should include pics of his daughter
brittny-gastineau-cleavage-candids-at-beso-in-hollywood-06.jpg

brittny-gastineau-revolve-flagship-store-anniversary-party-in-los-angeles-15.jpg

brittny-gastineau-d38bac13-7f8f-4256-8d90-64cf94afc50-resize-750.jpeg

Reactions: timinatoria
The argument was that Gastineau clearly used steroids. It’s the reason he’s not in the HoF and why he wasn’t on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 1980’s.

It is also a fairly new record. Deacon Jones and a few other people had 22 sacks or more in a 14-game season.

I understand all of that.

It has nothing to do with Favre taking a dive to help his buddy get a record he didn’t earn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT