ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rock Dead?

Is Rock Dead?

• Total voters
American rock is dead outside of a few bands, but it doesn’t seem like the UK will ever stop putting out great bands

I don’t see it coming back either, the culture is lost and kids have no idea how to play instruments like they used to. By the culture being lost, I mean that it needs to go back to being played in clubs every night and not at some stupid 200,000 person festival

If you want to talk about something that is nearly 6’ under, it’s the blues……and without the blues, you don’t have rock

Blues concerts, festivals, cruises, etc. are extremely popular, but the audience does decidedly skew older.

Wow...surprised no one mentioned these guys. Probably my favorite newer act and I am a 80s thrasher.

Definitely true.

When I had satellite radio, I was pretty disappointed in the new age rock station, but maybe I’m just not into the new sound in general. I just can’t get into these semi screamo bands like Bring Me the Horizon, Fever 333 and Ice Nine Kills.

Pretty much rely on Spotify suggestions now.
Ice nine kills is at vibrant tonight. I don't know anything about them but their light show during set up was legit.

They have a passionate following and their singer Spencer shows up in a lot of collabs and he’s very good. I just can’t get into the horror theme the band plays into.
Yeah.... I could see that.... I watched a cop.get his face ate off by a zombie tonight .... that was pretty intense.

Fwiw In this moment now has the highest decibel recorded in vibrant 106, at the sound booth, during "the in-between". They beat out the screamos nekrogoblikon and deathklok that were both right at 100. Imo In this moment were better than I9k, that chick had some legit power. It was actually hard rock and I9k is kinda emo.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT