ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Prez/Former Prez worth your time and effort?

Well?

• Total voters

Hawki97

HB Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
Let’s say you were in a restaurant grabbing lunch and one of Trump/Harris/Biden walked in - whichever one represents your political opposite. The secret service waves you over because they want to shake your hand. Would you stop shoving down your sandwich and give them the time of day? Or would you give the “thanks, but no thanks” wave and go about your meal?

Nah, it's not specific to whoever I like least; it's either one. I know they don't give a shit about me and the only reason they might want to shake my hand is for a photo of them shaking my hand, or a sound bit of them telling me something catchy. I don't need that, and I'm not going to be impressed by that.

I think about the only president/ex-president that I'd want to get up to go over and meet would be Jimmy Carter (I know he's not especially mobile these days), and that's more to do with who he is and what he's done for people outside of being president.

Nah, it's not specific to whoever I like least; it's either one. I know they don't give a shit about me and the only reason they might want to shake my hand is for a photo of them shaking my hand, or a sound bit of them telling me something catchy. I don't need that, and I'm not going to be impressed by that.

I think about the only president/ex-president that I'd want to get up to go over and meet would be Jimmy Carter (I know he's not especially mobile these days), and that's more to do with who he is and what he's done for people outside of being president.

I’ve met three presidents (well, former at the time I met them). One my father took me to go see when I was young at a campaign event. The other two were through work. As a kid I thought it was pretty astounding to shake his hand. As an adult, I was glancing over their shoulder to see if the bar was open.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Let’s say you were in a restaurant grabbing lunch and one of Trump/Harris/Biden walked in - whichever one represents your political opposite. The secret service waves you over because they want to shake your hand. Would you stop shoving down your sandwich and give them the time of day? Or would you give the “thanks, but no thanks” wave and go about your meal?

Until Trump I would shake anyone's hand. But not Trump. He is as vile as they come.

Until Trump I would shake anyone's hand. But not Trump. He is as vile as they come.
Yep. Anyone else no problem I'll shake your hand for your photo op. Trump? I'd want to tell the secret service they want no part of me anywhere near the guy but I think that could get me into some trouble so I would just tell them no thanks.

I happily shook Richard Nixon's hand once, but no way in hell would I shake trump's hand. I might flip him the bird though.
FWIW, I have shaken the hand of former candidate Bob Dole, albeit his left hand. But it was after his candidacy when his wife was running for Senator of North Carolina. I have a photo someplace of me and the two of them.

I would never shake MANY Republicans in leadership positions hands. I might shake Nikki Haley's and ask her what happened to her.

Trump would get some of this,
Mad Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty

anyone else,
Shake Hands Friends GIF by DefyTV

Reactions: millah_22
I would shake Kamala’s hand because, I too come from a middle-class upbringing. And a hand shake is good, because it represents shaking of the hands. Shaking of the hands is how we can show respect to our middle-class upbringing.

I would shake Joe Biden’s hand just for the opportunity to see if he sniffs his hand after I shake it.

I would shake Donald Trump’s hand and give the power forearm grab to go with it. I would whisper “Diet Coke is trying to kill you” in his ear just to see how he reacts.

Bottom line - I would shake anyone’s hand.

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Nope can't shake hands with someone who doesn't think my kid's lives are worth living.

I'm not Ted Cruz. I won't sell out my family to be friends with Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT